TAPO C310 WONT FORMAT SD CARD..

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TAPO C310 WONT FORMAT SD CARD..

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
26 Reply
Re:TAPO C310 WONT FORMAT SD CARD..
2022-10-07 20:02:24

@Dystonia 

Hello,

i just had exactly the same problem.

Samsung EVO 128GB card. It looks that after it went full it didnt overwrite old files and just f*ck up my card. Now its "protected" and even that Im able to read from it on my computer. I cannot delete anything or format sd card. 

I have four of theese and if it will screw up all sd cards I will be angry.

Tapo C310.

HW version 1.0

FW 1.3 (today I updated to 1.3.1 Build 220713 Rel. 42087n(4555)

Options
2022-10-10 02:32:58

@Dave224 

They've  noted the Samsung Evo SD cards are not supported by the cameras. Some SD cards are not good for being written and rewriting in the camera, even the SD card warranty page the similar statement, probably you could try a different brand of SD cards like SanDisk

Which microSD cards are supported on Tapo and Kasa Cameras?

Options
2022-11-02 09:39:35

@Dave224 @Dystonia Same problem as both of you.  I only have the camera less than a month and a brand new SD card which formatted correctly in the camera for the first time.  However instead of looping over recordings it told me to reinitialize card.  When I try that or the format button it starts to format, show it's at 2% then goes no further.   I basically have a decoration outside my door now as what use is a camera if you can't record.

Options
2022-11-26 15:17:23

@Plazaman Exactly the same for me. Sd card worked perfectly in the beginning but then it just stopped and i am unable to format or initialize the card on app. It formats fine when inserted in my phone. Card is Sandisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC. The same card also worked perfectly and looped on a C200 camera before being used on the C310

Options
2022-12-24 06:04:41

Does anyone able to use SD card in TAPO?

Looks to me exFAT format of SD cards is not working in TAPO. But again 128 GB SD cards come with exFAT only. I tried formatting my SD card in FAT32 format using 3rd party software but still nothing worked. Card formatting stops in between saying 'SD has extended capacity'.

ANY SOLUTION PLEASE?

Options
2022-12-24 06:10:27

@Wayne-TP Can you help? 

Options
2022-12-26 09:17:46

@Co0LD0wN 

Options
2023-06-12 03:27:37

@Solla-topee my card will 

not format.  I tried everything you recommended.  
I can see lots of people have the same problem.  

Have you come with an answer yet? 

Options
2023-06-13 10:27:38

@samianneoday 

Hi,
You can refer to the link to troubleshoot if the SD card doesn't work properly on the camera.
What should I do if the SD card doesn’t work properly on my camera?

And please provide more detailed information for further analysis if the problem remains.
1. Is your model number Tapo C310? Please ensure the Tapo app and the camera are up to date.
2. Please share a video about the problem with us via private message, you can send me a link to download the video.
3. What's the model number, capacity, and format of the SD card?
4. Please refer to the link below to verify if the SD card is fake, and send us the test result with the H2testw tool.
How to Verify Fake Micro SD Cards
5. Please let me know if you did other troubleshooting.

Best Regards

Options
2023-06-15 11:12:45

My story:

I bought two C310 (Hardware version 2.0, Firmware version 1.3.0) cameras on last September. Put brand new memory cards (Samsung EVO Plus 64GB) in cameras and installed cameras up to the wall, 3+ meters above ground.All was working fine at first. But after couple months problems started with memory cards. At first cameras were saying that memory cards needed to be initialized. Tried couple times to format cards from TAPO app, did not work, format process got stuck. I needed to get ladders in the middle of winter, and remove the cards from cameras and format those in my computer. Put the cards back to cameras and same thing again, couple months and broken again. This time i thought that i will hard reset cameras from the reset button found from camera. Maybe that would help. Again taking the ladders, going through snow up into highs. I was able to reset one camera, second ones reset button did not work at all (button felt senseless). After that i gave up. Now both cameras tell "insert micro sd card for recording".

This is awful and very frustrating.

Now i find out that some webpage (https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/3048/) is saying that "* Samsung EVO is not supported on all cameras.". Not specifying what cameras we are talking about? Most popular memory card lineup not supported? How can it be like this? This kind information should be found from box and specifications.

Previously i had Xiaomi camera, indoor model and worked 3+ years outside like a charm. Also TP-Link Tapo C200 is have been working fine for me, no problems with memory cards or otherwise.

Please get your act together TP-Link with this C310 memory card issue!

I am happy that cameras are still under guarantee.

Options
Related Articles