Votes

Disable Mic TAPO C100

Disable Mic TAPO C100
Disable Mic TAPO C100
2021-11-16 04:05:35 - last edited 2023-07-25 02:17:38
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

is there any configuration to disable mic from the master user admin, to prevent whoever you share the camera with cannot hear what you are saying? we are sharing a camera with my brothers and all of them can here what my parent are talking all the time, so I want to disable the mic of the camera. There are a lot of camera that have this feature for this reason.

thanks,

Options
32 Reply
Re:Disable Mic TAPO C100
2021-11-18 03:53:26 - last edited 2021-11-18 03:53:45

Hello @gmosetto 

Tapo camera Live view- Speaker icon, you could turn off or adjust microphone there,

Currently if you share the camera to your family, shared account also has the choice to turn on/ off the microphone when watch Live view. Thank you for your suggestion, I will record your feedback for further evaluation. 

Options
2021-11-18 13:10:51 - last edited 2021-11-18 16:50:58

@Solla-topee  thanks for your answer.

where is the option to disable the mic when Im sharing the camera?

the volume that you mention is something that I tried, I can put mute there, but the person with who Im´m sharin the camera can increase volume so that is not a solution, I really need to disable mics from the main user, and avoid that the shared account could enable it again.

I know it can sound silly, but the Idea was to see if my parent are OK with image, and now anyone can hear their conversation so they dont have any privacy at all.

if there is a soluttion I will appreciatte!

Options
2022-02-15 23:06:57

@Solla-topee Is there any update regarding this feature?

I would also request this development. It is pretty lame that you can disable audio recording when it's saved to the sd card but at the same time in the live video you can hear the sound.

And it is not only that use case when you share the camera, but it is still a problem when you have a camera in your crowded living space (eg. living room) and you do not want anybody to listen. 

Options
2022-03-05 11:45:43

@MilanL 

Yes! To be able to disable the mic for live stream (at least for invitees) is a must!

Options
2022-04-11 18:58:38

@gmosetto I am signing under this post as well. I recently set up Tapo hoping I will be able to disable the sound for people I am sharing with but unfortunately, I will need to go on 3rd party live stream (ie. Youtube) and dedicate the PC for this purpose for now :( It would be a great feature to have in the app though 

Options
2022-04-30 08:02:14

I also need this simple feature too

Options
2022-04-30 14:19:15

@tplink please check this thread, it will be useful to have an option to disable the mic when you share camera. thanks in advance.

Options
2022-05-18 04:16:23 - last edited 2022-05-18 04:21:50

That would be a great feature to add, not just to C100, but all cameras from TP-LINK that has built-in audio microphone.
In fact, it is already there, but it for both Video and Audio, when we click on Privacy Mode.

It would be great if we can have Privacy mode VIDEO and Privacy mode AUDIO separated.

Thank you.

Options
2022-06-26 00:01:30

@gmosetto 

TP link it is incredible that you can't disable microphone to anyone that you are sharing camera with - it is an invasion of privacy.  The shared recipient can simply turn microphone back on and listen to microphone.

I have shared elderly parents camera with siblings but an invasion of privacy for microphone not able to be disabled.

please include this mod in next firmware upgrade.  

Options
2022-10-26 08:26:25

@Solla-topee Recent UK court cases indicate that audio recording facility may be almost impossible to justify where a camera system is required to comply with data protection law for video, even if video is fully compliant. Even where domestic CCTV video confined to the owners property does not need to comply, the wider audio capability could require compliance, but would not be justifiable. There is obvious risk here for someone, especially domestic CCTV users to be landed with substantial court judgment against them for using these cameras with no possibility of completely and effectively disabling audio.  It is difficult to see why these cameras are sold for domestic (especially external) CCTV use to the non expert domestic market in the UK when the device seems to contain a serious legal hazard (inability to properly disable audio) and could be said to not be fit for purpose.

Options

Information

Helpful: 22

Views: 8972

Replies: 34

Voters 14

+ 10 Voters