grant/deny permissions for a shared device

2023-05-20 12:31:58 - last edited 2024-01-26 09:17:34
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone,

Latest app allows the Live View, Talk, Voice Call, Pan& Tilt, and Playback&Memory features enabled for shared accounts. As most of these function was not enabled in previous app versions, I know users that are annoyed by this change without any notification. In some cases the administrators don't absolutely want allow the shared accounts to pan/tilt the camera. This is a major issue for tlt/pan cameras already mounted that should stay in a fixed position for security/privacy reasons. For this reason I suggest additional settings in app that allows to select what function is granted/denied to shared accounts.

Thanks

Options
8 Reply
Re:grant/deny permissions for a shared device
2023-05-22 09:10:15

@tapotiger 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote and share your comments below.
Best Regards

Options
2023-05-25 06:06:45
The controls available in sharing are bad. The person can't pan rotate or move the camera across the area he wants to monitor this is a basic feature. I see earlier post which say the feature will come but it's been long. Can we have this as its needed. Many competitors give this feature.
Options
2024-01-26 12:22:08

I do agree you should be able to set permissions for shared devices.
Also I think the limit of max 5 accounts you can share with is very limiting.

We have a Tapo camera at the entrance of our building and we want to share this with other residents.

This means we can only share with full permissions to everyone (definetely a big no-no) and we can share with up to 5 people...

Options
RE:grant/deny permissions for a shared device
2024-03-13 11:02:56
Allow share with setting control
Options
2024-03-13 18:02:08

@John-Tabirca more or less I asked for it in here: https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/656802

Totally agree with you

Options
3 weeks ago
Shared account should only be able to view live video by default. The admin should be able to select which function the shared account user can use. Otherwise shared user can disturb the camera position making it useless.
Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@tapotiger 

I absolutely agree with you. I am already facing issue with sharing the camera because the shared account can change camera position and that is a security concern. Important footage will be missed is a shared account holder deliberately change the camera direction to hide some incident from camera. I need to give access to camera in our apartment to all residents, but with current permission that will be big NO. Anyone can change camera direction. Cannot trust all the residents. Its going to be a security issue.

I am requesting the developer to modify the TAPO app to provide more granular control camera functions to a shared camera user. This is highly important.

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

Allow share with setting control.....

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 415

Replies: 8

Voters 3