Tapo P100 appears "disconnected" when outside lan.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-26 20:49:47
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.9 20210621

I bout the Tapo P100 today and it doesnt work when my mobile is not connected to the wifi.

I also have a Tapo c100 camera but it works fine outside my lan, what do you think I can do to fix this.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo P100 appears "disconnected" when outside lan.
2021-11-29 17:21:43

@Donoussa 

I reckon I have the same issue (but not sure it has anything to do with 'outside LAN')

I use the tapo app from several android mobiles and via Bluestacks on a PC [because there is no PC application! see my topic about this!]

On one mobile all is fine but on others - and Bluestacks - some p100 plugs appear disconnected. AND my C200 camera is always available. I reckon this is a bug not a network issue as no local LAN changes have been made AND is works on some devices AND the camera works fine. Please could developers have a look?

Options
2021-11-29 19:14:00

I Agree with you...

I tried to connect it to another SSID on the network and it's the same. Even if I use VPN to connect to my home network the plug shows the same not connected. Only when i am connected to the same WIFI i can use it.

Soooooooo weird.

CAN TP-LINK look into this. !????

Barnacle_Bill wrote

@Donoussa 

I reckon I have the same issue (but not sure it has anything to do with 'outside LAN')

I use the tapo app from several android mobiles and via Bluestacks on a PC [because there is no PC application! see my topic about this!]

On one mobile all is fine but on others - and Bluestacks - some p100 plugs appear disconnected. AND my C200 camera is always available. I reckon this is a bug not a network issue as no local LAN changes have been made AND is works on some devices AND the camera works fine. Please could developers have a look?

@Barnacle_Bill 

Options
2021-12-05 08:45:30

@Donoussa 

I found a workaround to our problem !!! But unfortunately not via the TAPO App.

If you are using (GOOGLE HOME) it sees the P100 and I can manage it from th

Donoussa wrote

I Agree with you...

I tried to connect it to another SSID on the network and it's the same. Even if I use VPN to connect to my home network the plug shows the same not connected. Only when i am connected to the same WIFI i can use it.

Soooooooo weird.

CAN TP-LINK look into this. !????

Barnacle_Bill wrote

@Donoussa 

@Barnacle_Bill 

ere even when I am outside my WIFI / Lan

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1048

Replies: 3