No ports open on camera unable to add to NVR or ispy

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-30 12:10:42
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

Hi I have two C210 and one C310 none of these are detected by my NVR and unable to manually add, I have also tried iSpy which fails to add them following the manual.

When I do a port scan on the cameras I get no ping on the local IP and no ports are showing open, not sure if this is relevant I'm unable to access the RTSP steam either all that works is using the Tapo app. Time is short to resolve this as I will be returning and buying a different brand if I cant get this resolved..

Options
1 Reply
Re:No ports open on camera unable to add to NVR or ispy
2021-12-01 02:12:57 - last edited 2021-12-01 02:26:52

Hello @CraigyBabyJ 

Do you want to stream and manage camera under local network or remotely? It is recommended to test RTSP connection first before try to add camera in a DNVR or DVR. 

1. Download VLC Player, test if RTSP works under local network (computer connected home Wi-Fi )

How can I play an RTSP live stream of my Tapo camera

URL: rtsp://your camera IP Address:554/stream1

2.  If NVR is in the local network, under home network, try to ping NVR IP address & Camera IP address from computer and ping succeeds.

How to Use the Ping Command

3. If you want to view the live stream of the Tapo camera remotely, you will need to open the port for the camera on your host router first

ONVIF Service Port: 2020

RTSP Service Port: 554

If RTSP still failed, can you share a photo of error, can you share the RTSP URL,  thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 515

Replies: 1

Related Articles