Votes

ONVIF profile T compliance for TAPO cameras

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-30 12:53:12 - last edited 2023-02-01 07:31:59
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.14 Build 210825

I have a C100 camera. It was connected to iSpy and works perfectly. Audio and video is streaming at very low latency and quality is good.

The biggest problem I experience is that audio cannot be played on the camera speaker. I understand that it is due to the camera only compliant with ONVIF profile S not T.

Are there plans to update existing cameras to be ONVIF profile T compliant via firmware updates?

Alternatively, will the new cameras releasd be ONVIF profile T complant?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ONVIF profile T compliance for TAPO cameras-Solution
2021-12-01 02:42:16 - last edited 2021-12-02 00:27:25

Hello @ExperTai 

Thank you for asking, Tapo only supports ONVIF Profile S so far,  I did not see a plan for ONVIF profile T.

https://www.onvif.org/profiles/profile-s/

I would like to record your suggestion first and pass on to the appropriate team for further evaluation.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:ONVIF profile T compliance for TAPO cameras-Solution
2021-12-01 02:42:16 - last edited 2021-12-02 00:27:25

Hello @ExperTai 

Thank you for asking, Tapo only supports ONVIF Profile S so far,  I did not see a plan for ONVIF profile T.

https://www.onvif.org/profiles/profile-s/

I would like to record your suggestion first and pass on to the appropriate team for further evaluation.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ONVIF profile T compliance for TAPO cameras
2022-01-26 12:03:50
Options
2023-02-01 07:32:22

Unlock this thread for further comments

Options
2023-03-10 17:16:21

ExperTai wrote

I have a C100 camera. It was connected to iSpy and works perfectly. Audio and video is streaming at very low latency and quality is good.

The biggest problem I experience is that audio cannot be played on the camera speaker. I understand that it is due to the camera only compliant with ONVIF profile S not T.

Are there plans to update existing cameras to be ONVIF profile T compliant via firmware updates?

Alternatively, will the new cameras releasd be ONVIF profile T complant?

I agree with you. We need ONVIF profile T enabled in future updates to make it more compatible. Request Tapo team can work on this wonderful feature request.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1611

Replies: 5

Voters 2