Idea for a future feature - Save video on smartphone after motion alert

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-30 19:56:35 - last edited 2021-12-02 18:45:47
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

Hello. I bought a Tapo C210, and I was surprised, how good this camera is compared to the low price, and how good and error free the Android Smartphone App is working.

Very good quality and functions, great camera!

I'm not sure if the forum is only for problem reports, or if you guys also take ideas and requests for new features.

Because: Imagine the situation, that a burglar or intruder sees the camera and destroys or takes it away. Then the SD card and all recordings are gone. As far as I know, no Save-to-Cloud feature is planned for the Tapo C210. But how about the idea, to program a additional function in the app, that the app itself saves a 30 or 60 seconds video clip directly on the smartphone after a motion detection occures, instead that this is only saved to the SD card in the camera? I mean permanent recording to the smartphone would make no sense, due to data transfer and possibly low memory capacity on the smartphone. But if the camera already can send a "motion alert" notification to the smartphone app, it could also send a 30 or 60 seconds video clip. Or for people with low internet / phone bandwith, alternative for example 10 or 20 pictures / fotos, every second one after the motion occured?

Due to the already now existing possibility to save recordings on the smartphone with the app, it should be also possible to include a feature, that the app itself saves 30 or 60 seconds video clips after a motion alert occured? Certainly with the option, that the user can turn on and turn of this feature.

Then users would have 30 or 60 seconds "evidence" saved on the smartphone, even if an intruder possibly destroys or steal the camera. 

What do you think?  Or did I miss, that already such a feature exists? Or does it exist with other TP-Link cameras (without having to save to the cloud).

Thank you and Best Regards,

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Idea for a future feature - Save video on smartphone after motion alert-Solution
2021-12-02 08:16:21 - last edited 2021-12-02 18:45:47

Hello @Chainsaw72 

Thank you for your like on Tapo devices heartTapo has a plan for paid cloud service called Tapo Care, it will be released soon (around Dec,2021) in different countries, that will allow camera upload motion triggered video clips to cloud, and cloud video clips could be downloaded into mobile phone.  You may on eye on link below to learn more details:

Tapo Care Service

General Questions about Tapo Care

I hope this helps!

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Idea for a future feature - Save video on smartphone after motion alert-Solution
2021-12-02 08:16:21 - last edited 2021-12-02 18:45:47

Hello @Chainsaw72 

Thank you for your like on Tapo devices heartTapo has a plan for paid cloud service called Tapo Care, it will be released soon (around Dec,2021) in different countries, that will allow camera upload motion triggered video clips to cloud, and cloud video clips could be downloaded into mobile phone.  You may on eye on link below to learn more details:

Tapo Care Service

General Questions about Tapo Care

I hope this helps!

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Idea for a future feature - Save video on smartphone after motion alert
2021-12-02 18:45:42
Hello. OK, thank you for the information about the new upcoming cloud service. This sounds interesting, but I also hope, that the service will not be too expensive. But if the price is fair, why not using a good clould service :-) Otherwise, I still think it would be a good idea, to include a free function into the app, to save short videos directly with the app when some motion detection happens. But in the short time since my first post, I learned a lot, that I also can use programs like iSpy for recording. (After buying and unpackaging, I thought, access is only possible with the app, but I learned now a lot more.) Anyway, I'm looking forward for the possibilities with the new cloud service. Thank you.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 269

Replies: 2

Related Articles