TC60 Firmware update failed, will not show a Tapo wifi network to connect to.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-02 22:09:12
Model: TC60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

The recent firmware update failed, and would not continue setup after a couple of days.

Reset camera and did manage to connect to the network but would not complete configuration. Can now not connect to the camera via the app as tapo_cam network not shown.  Tried turning off router firewall and no joy.

Options
4 Reply
Re:TC60 Firmware update failed, will not show a Tapo wifi network to connect to.
2021-12-06 03:52:06 - last edited 2021-12-06 03:52:37

Hello @DaveHedgehog 

Please try a factory reset on Tapo camera and see if camera responds to a factory reset, will the Led blink green and orange? 

How to reset my Tapo camera

Check on different devices e.g. phones and laptops and see if camera broadcast default SSID 'Tapo Cam_XXX' in WiFi list 

May I know was there any power outage/ cut of power or thunderstorm during firmware update,how about the Leds  after factory reset?Thank you

Options
Re:TC60 Firmware update failed, will not show a Tapo wifi network to connect to.
2021-12-06 07:55:46

@Solla-topee hi. I have factory reset several times and it will get to the blinking red/green light but I cannot see the network broadcast or connect manually. 

after the firmware update failed there was a solid red light and it lost connection. 

Options
2021-12-07 13:18:49

Hello @DaveHedgehog 

If camera does not broadcast SSID, it could be a faulty unit. Normally I would recommend contact retailer or local support  to check device warranty. 

I will also create a support email for your case later for RMA , please check your inbox later. 

Options
2021-12-07 20:30:25

@Solla-topee 

Hi, there was no power or wifi failure during the update. (the other camera I own updated and works).

The LED eventually flashed red green after about three resets, prior to the that was solid red.

I have registered the device, however the serial number was not recognised, so had to use the (serial number not recognised option).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 525

Replies: 4

Related Articles