Tapo C200 in IP Cam Viewer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-03 21:08:12 - last edited 2021-12-03 21:09:26
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.15

Hello, 

i want to see my Tapo C200 cameras when I'm not at home. I used to do this (for other cameras) with an app called IP Cam Viewer on an android phone. I have a fixed IP and have enabled port forwarding in my router. If I add a C200 camera with it's local IP address when I'm inside the network, it shows the camera image. As soon as I replace the local IP with my internet IP and change the port to the one enabled for forwarding (tried both 1503 and 2020), it can't show the image anymore. 

This works:

These don't work:

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 in IP Cam Viewer
2021-12-06 01:56:37

Hello @Ed3lm4n 

• To remotely stream camera, ensure to open below ports for Tapo camera in router Port Forwarding settings: 

ONVIF Service Port: 2020
RTSP Service Port: 554

• Test if ports 2020 & 554 are opened through port scan website like www.canyouseeme.org

Besides, it will show WAN IP/ Public IP and should be the same as the WAN IP address on router web page.  If the IP address is  different, the router IP address may update or you have another firewall / router in front of  house router. 

• Test RTSP connection via VLC Player locally &  remotely. 

URL: rtsp://your camera IP Address:554/stream1

If the same, may I know your network topology e.g ISPXX + Modem+ router model XX<wireless>Tapo Camera;  is the IP address showing in the canyousee.org the same as the public IP you used in APP; can you access camera remotely on VLC Player? Thank you 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4151

Replies: 1

Related Articles