Kasa KP105 remote access won't enable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-15 10:53:57 - last edited 2022-03-02 10:49:21
Model: KP105  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.0

Hiya.

I'm having an issue where i can't enable remote control with my KP105 smart switch.

I was working but about 2-3 weeks ago it stopped being controllable in Google Home. I went to the Kasa app and it said its in local mode.
I tried toggling "remote control" option on in device settings but it always just says "your device has no internet" and won't toggle on.

Now i tried factory resetting and readding it so many times, i've deleted and readded it, i've played around with my Deco X68's and im sure its not being blocked or anything, its definitely connected to one of the Deco's and should have full internet access.

I had some KL130 smart bulbs which were added to KASA on the same network in the exact same manor and they work perfectly fine remotely and via google home.

What steps do i need to take to get remote access working again with this smart switch?

Really sucks having to get my phone, open the kasa app to toggle the switch on when it would have taken the same amount of time/effort to just .....turn the device on.....

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa KP105 remote access won't enable
2021-12-16 12:19:58 - last edited 2022-03-02 10:49:21

Hello @OzOverlord 

Thank you for creating a detailed post! Remote control is enabled automatically and most of you could not find 'remote control' settings, the error is quite uncommon, you could try: 

Make sure Kasa APP and device firmware are both up to date. 

1. Try to change Deco DNS to 8.8.8.8, save the settings

Why can’t I enable Remote Control on the Kasa APP?

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco?

2. then locate it to the main Deco, first node not the extender node and see if that helps 

Factory reset plug by pressing power button for 10 secs before set it up 

How to reset TP-Link Kasa smart switch and plug?

3. Connect smart plug to a Mobile Hotspot Wi-Fi to help exclude the issue

4. Try a different phone if you got one

If still the same issue, can I have a photo of the Error, Kasa app version, model of phone and its OS version

Network topology, e.g. Main Deco <Wireless>Deco #2 <Etherent>Deco3, plug connected to which unit? (Check fromDeco APP -tap smart device to see which deco it connects to  )

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 457

Replies: 1