Kp303 outlets randomly turn on/off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-22 01:03:02
Model: KP303  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Unknown

Hi,

One of my kp303 strips has started randomly turning the outlets on and off.  It is highly unlikely that this is a network problem, the unit has worked properly for several weeks.  Today I changed the loading on the strip, to include 2 laptops, and now it us o  a state in which it turns outlets on or off on its own.  I've removed the device from my network and readded it.  I did a factory reset.

I am now attempting to upgrade the firmware  but the firmware upgrade tool finds no devices on my network, despite the fact that there are 3 devices on the network.  Please help.

Richard 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Kp303 outlets randomly turn on/off
2021-12-23 03:54:57

I need to correct myself.  It turns out the problematic smart strip gets into the bad state (outlets toggling on/off randomly)  when the new laptop is booting - and not powered through the smart strip.  The laptop is running Linux.  The strip starts toggling around the same time in the boot process, around the time NFS starts.

Still looking for help.  What can I do to prevent this?

Options
Re:Kp303 outlets randomly turn on/off
2021-12-26 10:58:54 - last edited 2021-12-26 11:00:08

@Rgrieve 

Thank you for your detailed post,

Can you help describe how smart power strip turn on/ off in details? do you mean turn on and immediately goes off every time when the laptop being plugged into the power strip 

• Factory reset smart plug, in default state (Wi-Fi Led flash amber and green), does it still turn on/ off or reboot?

Reset as KP303 UG .

If the same issue, can you help provide some information here to locate the issue 

1. model of Linux Laptop and its wattage: 

2. Model of home router :

Does smart strip connected to router directly or through extender, and what are the other devices that connected to the same Wi-Fi? 

3. Mac address of kasa device & firmware version of your KP303 V2

4. How frequent the issue happens
Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 417

Replies: 2