Controlling Smart Bulbs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Controlling Smart Bulbs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Controlling Smart Bulbs
Controlling Smart Bulbs
2022-01-01 06:39:15
Model: KL110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I own a Kasa smart dimmer and 4 Kasa smart outlets. Very happy with the way they work.  I also own a Philips Hue system that I am currently not impressed with.   I would like to install another Kasa smart dimmer to control my outdoor porch lites and get rid of the Philips Hue system but there is very little room for a device of that size in the junction box.  I noticed that Kasa now has smart bulbs, just like the Philips Hue system. I'd like to order the 4 pack which would give me 2 extra bulbs. I could use them in the hallway or the stairway.  What I'd like to know, before buying these bulbs is........do they need the app or Alexa to control them?   If someone without a fone in their hand needs to turn on the stairway light, would it be as easy as flipping the wall switch off and back on to make the KL110 light up at full brightness.

CAUTION: These posts may contain traces of nut
Options
2 Reply
Also Controlling Smart Bulbs
2022-01-01 21:20:19

........also -- does it make any difference in the operation of these bulbs if the circuit is controlled by a conventional dimmer switch?

CAUTION: These posts may contain traces of nut
Options
Also Controlling Smart Bulbs
2022-01-07 11:28:26

Hello @MrData 

Thank you for being interested in kasa smart bulbs

1. It is not recommended to use smart bulbs with a dimmer as they way they work could be in conflict , please refer to QA here: 

Q9:  Will Smart Bulbs work with a dimmer?

2. Smart bulb could be manually controlled at any time like an ordinary bulb without Wi-Fi or APP setup. 

But if you want to use app to control or use the features that requires installation on the App and connected to smart device to wifi.  

Hope this helps!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 328

Replies: 2

Related Articles