SD card formatting lost

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

SD card formatting lost

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
SD card formatting lost
SD card formatting lost
2022-01-05 18:27:21
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently bought 3 C310 cameras and installed one last week overlooking my garden.  Set-up went fine, formatted SD card and everything working well to start with.  2 days later, I checked on a notification to find SD card was prompting me to format it again and nothing had been recorded.  I formatted it and everything started working OK.  Today, same issue, nothing recorded and card showing as unformatted.  Its a brand new PNY card, 64GB and set on loop record.  When I format it the status shows as "Good" in the settings.

I bought these cameras specifically for the SD card recording option as don't want to sign up for Cloud storage on 3 cameras (1 is currently on the 30 day free trial but I will add a card before this expires).  Please could someone advise what the issue is and how to fix as currently camera is not fit for purpose as cannot rely on recordings being made.

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:SD card formatting lost
2022-01-07 03:50:32 - last edited 2022-01-07 03:52:31

Hello @Cornishmaid 

Thank you for your post. I suspect if the SD does not have enough real capacity and need to format frequently,

1. Please verify if SD card with H2testw software as below instruction and share a photo of the test result , this  helps to check if SD is Fake /expanded capacity

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2592/
NOTE: back up important files before run the test

2. Confirm Tapo APP and tapo device firmware are both up - to - date

3. Test your SD with other Tapo Camera

Can you also please help provide some information here:  1.  Brand & capacity of the SD :  PNY 64GB SD

2.  A photo of SD card 3. a photo of H2testw test result 4, MAC address of the camera, please share via private message

By the way may I know does this happen to all 3 cameras,did you tried other SD cards with the same camera? 

Thank you 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 304

Replies: 1

Related Articles