Users and other limitations

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-06 10:29:58
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.12

Two dissapointing limitations.

I bought 2 cameras, and I wanted to share with other family members, but:

1) I can only share with max 2 other people :-(

2) Other users cannot make any move of the camera. Only static view. The main purpose for the camera view is ability to change positions.

Now I wonder what to do: Log into the app for many persons with the same login and password, which I did when I formerly was using NC450 or this feature will appear "soon" and I should wait?

Mayba someone else has any clue?

Thnx,

Options
3 Reply
Re:Users and other limitations
2022-01-07 00:49:44

Hello @CORAX 

Thank you for your suggestion on this/ 

1.  Tapo APP allows to login admin account on multiple phones,if a second mobile device needs the full permissions of camera, like Talk/ Vioce Call etc, you could try to log in admin account using same email address and password on that second device. Hope this helps!

2. Shared account could only access live view and playback so far, and only Admin account (the TP-Link ID/ email address that used to set up smart device)  has the full permissions of camera.   FAQ:How to share your Tapo smart devices (smart plug, smart camera, smart lighting) with your families

Hope this helps.

Options
2022-01-07 10:18:35
Thank You for answer. I look forward when Tato App will be updated, but now I (and my family members) will log with same login.
Options
2022-03-31 08:25:07
Hi everyone, 
For this feature request, feel free to leave the comment in the below thread discussing the same topic, this will help when we collect similar feedback and shared with our team for consideration. 
[Tapo Cam]  Device Sharing Permissions   Tapo C200 / permission calls for a shared device

Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 330

Replies: 3

Related Articles