Authorisation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Authorisation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Authorisation
Authorisation
2022-01-06 18:28:48
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.4.56

I have recently purchased 2 x Tapo P100 plugs.

Install of app was fine but when i try and link it to Alexa it isn't working.

I go to enable the skill and it just takes me directly into the Tapo app without any authorisation request. 

I've tried literally everything including deleting/reinstalling the app but no joy.

Both plugs work fine via the app but not linking to Alexa as it's missing that authentication step for some reason.

Helllllllllllllllpppppp

Options
1 Reply
Re:Authorisation
2022-01-07 00:43:32 - last edited 2022-01-07 01:54:19

Hello @GDE-1 

For ' go to enable the skill and it just takes me directly into the Tapo app without any authorisation request. ' can you share a photo of it or record a video? Thank you. 

After enable skill, Alexa app should guide to page to Tp-link authorization page where user put in tp-link id and password like guide here

How to make my Tapo device (smart plug, smart camera, smart lighting) work with Amazon Alexa

1. Try to open that web page on a web browser 
  2. Try a different phone if you have one
  3. Try a different network, like switch to Home Wi-Fi or LTE mobile data and see if that makes any difference
  4. You could also link tapo with Alexa on Alexa website  https://alexa.amazon.com

What is the model of phone, and its Android or IOS version , current APP version by the way, thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 267

Replies: 1

Related Articles