Votes

Turn a SmartPlug ON or OFF based on Phone Battery Percentage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-13 21:59:19
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I think this feature would be extremely great to include in the Kasa app for controlling the HS10X series smart plugs.

(Or TPLINK could consider building wireless chargers that are also Kasa/WiFi enabled to perform this function)

The Kasa app should be able to monitor a phones battery level and when it reaches a certain percentage it will turn on or off a selected smartplug. This would allow for people to set up their phone chargers connected to their TPLink smartplugs and create an event in Kasa where if the phones battery level is less than 41% = turn the smart plug on, and if phone battery level is above 81% = turn the smart plug off.

This would ensure that phone is charged under ideal conditions to prevent battery wear and promote battery longevity.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Turn a SmartPlug ON or OFF based on Phone Battery Percentage
2022-01-14 01:35:32 - last edited 2022-01-14 01:38:32

Hello @RiderOfRohan 

Tapo app or smart plug could not recognize the type of device that plugged into it,  so plug does not know if it's a phone, heater or electric kettle etc. This feature relies on some kind of Smart Home feature in the phone itself. 

Kasa supports IOS Shortcut feature, if you use iPhone, you could use (Shortcut) Automation Feature to achieve that.e.g use phone battery as the trigger, and turn on/off kasa device as the action. 

Hope this helps. 

Options
2022-01-14 18:14:15

Solla-topee wrote

Hello @RiderOfRohan 

Tapo app or smart plug could not recognize the type of device that plugged into it,  so plug does not know if it's a phone, heater or electric kettle etc. This feature relies on some kind of Smart Home feature in the phone itself. 

@Solla-topee I understand, which is why I was suggesting the Kasa app on the phone would have the feature to trigger the device/smartplug to turn off/on based on phones battery indicator.

Solla-topee wrote

Kasa supports IOS Shortcut feature, if you use iPhone, you could use (Shortcut) Automation Feature to achieve that.e.g use phone battery as the trigger, and turn on/off kasa device as the action. 

Hope this helps.

@Solla-topee I have Android Google Pixel so that doesn't help. That would be a great feature to add for Android.

Options
2022-07-04 17:58:03

@RiderOfRohan Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Options
2022-07-04 17:59:41
Missing the point entirely.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1873

Replies: 4

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.