Lets talk about Multi-Factor Authentication again (or the lack of it).

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-13 22:38:15 - last edited 2022-05-12 09:05:01

I chose the category Kasa Camera - Kasa Home Security for this thread & it's only letting me select from a list of routers. That's not a good start is it.

So after making the mistake of ordering one of your Kasa indoor security cameras to keep an eye on my dog, I discovered there's no multi-factor authentication. The best you've provided is a brief account lockout which is easily circumvented by waiting for a couple of minutes before trying again. Also, if multiple incorrect attempts are made against my account, I'd at least expect an email alerting me to the attempts but there's nothing.

I can see there's an intention to provide MFA 'at some point' but when is that exactly? Clearly you expect people to pay for your 'smart' devices & put them in their homes, but judging by the forums people have been requesting this essential security feature for 3 years & there's still no sign of it actually being implemented.

On account of the above, my camera is being returned. I had it installed for a grand total of 20 minutes before realising your security is completely inadequate by modern standards. Until this is imporved I will not be purchasing any more of your products.

Advice to anyone reading this, think twice before you put smart home devices (especially web facing cameras with audio) in your home when when the security is completely inadequate.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Lets talk about Multi-Factor Authentication again (or the lack of it).-Solution
2022-05-12 03:48:01 - last edited 2022-05-12 09:05:01

@RandomName86 

Thank you for the feedback,  some update on this request,  the Two-Step verification for Kasa APP is going to meet us now, check this thread for more details

Making Your Account More Secure: Introducing Two-Step Verification (2FA) for the Kasa App

For more implemented requests or popular feature requests, here is the Summary of most Popular Feature Requests for Kasa that you might get interested. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Lets talk about Multi-Factor Authentication again (or the lack of it).-Solution
2022-05-12 03:48:01 - last edited 2022-05-12 09:05:01

@RandomName86 

Thank you for the feedback,  some update on this request,  the Two-Step verification for Kasa APP is going to meet us now, check this thread for more details

Making Your Account More Secure: Introducing Two-Step Verification (2FA) for the Kasa App

For more implemented requests or popular feature requests, here is the Summary of most Popular Feature Requests for Kasa that you might get interested. 

Recommended Solution
Options