SD CARD RECORDING

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

SD CARD RECORDING

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
SD CARD RECORDING
SD CARD RECORDING
2022-01-17 00:27:41
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

Is it possible to use the camera with sd card recording without Wi-Fi?

Options
3 Reply
Re:SD CARD RECORDING
2022-01-17 01:51:16 - last edited 2022-01-17 01:53:41

Hello @Hoggmeister 

A 2.4Ghz secured Wi-Fi network is required to use tapo camera. 

The camera need to be set up in the Tapo APP first, and that requires Wi-Fi network and internet.

After that, you could use the camera to watch the live view or use SD card recording without an internet connection(camera is still connected to WiFi and gets IP from router), but the phone and the camera need to connected to the same wireless network to access the camera in the APP. 

Options
2022-01-17 10:18:44

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for your advice. I want to use it to monitor  my caravan when I'm not there and I don't have Wi-Fi all the time, but if I can set it up and then leave as a standalone then at least if anyone that shouldn't be is in the van I will have it on the sd card👍

Options
2022-01-18 09:32:15 - last edited 2022-01-18 09:41:42

Hello @Hoggmeister 

Glad to help, I also need to mention that when the camera has no internet, the time stamp may not update in time as it need to connect to a cloud server to update time. 

Feel free to let us know how the camera perform when in standalone later (Wi-Fi connected but no Internet)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 322

Replies: 3

Related Articles