Reset Tapo C200 after changing WiFi network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-29 12:34:20
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

After moving to a new location and using a new WiFi router I could not access the camera through the cloud account. As the documentation says, I need to perform the setup process again, when the camera LED blinks red and green, and to reach it I need to reset the camera.

This specific model does not have a Reset button, at least I don't see it (see the photo). I tried to remove the camera from my cloud account, hoping it will initiate setup after that, but the camera now blinks green, and I can't reach it through the cloud account anymore.

1. How can I perform setup again?

2. And is it possible to manage the camera directly through the local network IP, without logging in cloud account?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Reset Tapo C200 after changing WiFi network
2022-02-06 13:35:45

@Yurii-C 

Thanks for reaching out to us. Below are the answers to your questions.

1. How can I perform setup again?

Please refer this guide to reset your Tapo camera:

How to reset my Tapo camera

After you reset it successfully, please refer to this guide to set it up:

How to set up the Tapo camera

2. And is it possible to manage the camera directly through the local network IP, without logging in cloud account?

Tapo camera does not support management by local network IP currently. 

Options
2022-02-12 07:47:30

Great, only I already read the instruction you gave me.
I already said, I don't see where's the Reset button on the photo. Do you see that? Is it covered by screws?
I installed an old router instead, and the camera picked up the old network, so it works now.
The worst customer support experience so far.

Options
2022-02-15 02:08:32 - last edited 2022-02-15 02:10:46

Hello   @Yurii-C 

Glad to hear that you could connect camera to the old AP.

If you wish to connect the camera back to the current Wi-Fi router,  update the firmware for the camera on the Tapo APP, then reset it again and set up with the router on the APP. 

Tapo C200 reset button is beneath the camera lens, try to tilt the lens up, and you will see it. Hope this helps.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5111

Replies: 3

Related Articles