Failed to recieve ip address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-09 14:08:45
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

After so many months last night both cameras went offline.

Much climbing up and down of ladders later, and many hard resets later.

Failed to recieve ip address? Nothing to my knowledge has changed with router settings etc.

The issue is obviously with tplink tapo.

I need an easy fix as changing router settings is a big NONO.

It was easy to set up the first time, clearly an issue that tapo needs to fix quick.

Options
17 Reply
Re:Failed to recieve ip address
2022-02-09 14:11:24

@reset-button 

tapo plugs, bulbs, c100, c200 no hiccups.

Options
2022-02-10 01:09:28

Hello@reset-button 

Thank you for your post. 

When app reports error ' failed to receive IP address' please login your WiFi router and see if camera gets an IP address from router/ shows up on router's DHCP client list? 

How about the Led status on camera, is it flashing green, or Red? 

Here are some suggestions which you could give a try: 

1. Check Modem/ router Firewall settings that may block camera
  2. Check if there is any Advanced settings on router like access control/ parental control settings may affect the camera
  3. Change router's DNS to 8.8.8.8/ 8.8.4.4
  4. Reboot camera (skip if you have tried this)
  5. Make sure camera is connected to router directly, not through other AP or Range extenders

You could also create a Guest WiFi network on router and see if the camera could connect to it. 

Can I know the model of router, does camera connect to router directly or through extenders? 

Options
2022-02-11 09:20:27

@Solla-topee 

The camera itself tells me it failed to receive ip address.

It and another c310 have been working for months.bulbs,plugs c100 camera and c200 camera also working for months.

1.No router settings have changed

2.No router settings have changed,bulbs,plugs,camera c100 and c200 are working fine.only issue is with c310 after months of working fine.

3.Again no router settings have changed,all plugs,bulbs,2 other models of camera and this c310 have been working fine for months. The bulbs,plugs,c100,c200 cameras have been and continue to work fine.

4.Many times same result.

5.the camera is 6 feet from the router,every other bulb,plug and camera are further away and they work just fine.

BT home hub 2

all plugs,bulbs and cameras are further away than this c310 that has suddenly stopped working.

The issue is not with my internet/hub/wifi etc. This is a tapo issue/problem, so i would like tapo to fix it.

Options
2022-02-15 01:26:44

Hello  @reset-button . 

If possible we would like to known if the camera already gets the IP address from the router, that will help locate the issue and resolve it. 

1. When Tapo APP reports the error, please connect phone to home Wi-Fi network, do you see camera show as ' local only' ; you could log in to Wi-Fi router and see if camera show up on router client list/ get an IP address. 
  2. Did you notice how about the Wi-Fi Led status on camera , is it flashing green, or Red? 
  3. Can I know the model of Wi-Fi router&  the network topology, e.g. ISP XX _- router Archer C7 <wireless>wifi extender <wireless> C310 camera? 

Options
2022-02-15 11:38:35

@Solla-topee 

What is all this rubbish? Why are we going round in circles?

The camera says "failed to recieve ip address" That would mean the camera failed to recieve the ip address. So why do you persist in asking over and over again?

1. We have allready established that the app gets an error. The phone is connected to my wifi as default (just like 100% of account holders) So again,why are we going round in circles? Camera failed to recieve ip address/will not connect.

2. Did you notice i have allready said red/green flashing ? Again, why round going in circles? whats the point of having me running round after my tail?

3. What is the point?

12 plugs work fine,8 bulbs work fine,3x c100 cameras work fine,c200 camera works fine. Have worked fine for months.

2x c310 stopped working a week ago. Red/green flashing light (failed to recieve ip address)

tp-link/Tapo fix this issue please.

Options
2022-02-15 17:09:00
My suncere sympathies, I posted this so I can keep up with this thread
Options
2022-02-16 00:34:30

@reset-button 

For what it's worth, I'm having problems with a two C200 cameras which are repeatedly going offline.

All the other internet connected (non-TAPO) stay online, and my two problem cameras were both working and stable for many months last year.

I suspect that perhaps a firmware update has introduced this problem.

I've configured the cameras to automatically reboot each day, and sometimes this brings the cameras back online - but not always.

Options
2022-02-16 04:49:30

@Robintes 

Thanks

Options
2022-02-16 05:01:56

@Customer0 

My sympathies 

Problems start just after an update?

All my tapo plugs got an update a few days before my outdoor cameras crashed. No issues with plugs. Has been a couple of months from the outdoor cameras have updated firmware.

Both my c310 cameras go offline same time, same problem, after months of being fine.

What have tapo done?

What are tapo doing to fix it?

Only seems to be one tapo staff member here, with instructions to give customers the run around until they get fed up and give up on ever fixing issues.

What other makes of cameras do everybody recommend?

Thanks

Options
2022-02-21 06:07:48 - last edited 2022-02-21 07:37:58

Hello @reset-button 

Those requested case details are to help us to check if camera is failed to Wi-Fi network, or failed to get cloud service (usually due to network environment). 

• You may try to set up one of the Tapo C310 with a mobile hotspot Wi-Fi and see if it stuck at the same step. 
  • When the error occurs, please connect phone to the home wifi network , refresh the status or reopen the app see camera is still Offline /Local only? 

To better assist with your case, we would like to create a support email TKID220223172 and escalate your case,  please check your email inbox. Thank you. 

Options