Failed to recieve ip address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Failed to recieve ip address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:Failed to recieve ip address
2022-03-05 04:45:11
I will try and repeat myself as best i can from the top yet again,hopefully the information i provide will sink in. The app reports the camera as offline (the camera had been working for months prior to this) As the camera had been working for months ofcourse the router has has ip address dhcp etc. Now that a hard reset has been done,the camera itself tells me in a robot voice "failed to recieve ip address) LED status green flashing red. 1. have checked firewall settings etc. (settings have not changed in 2 years) 2. have checked there are no settings which could effect camera (settings have not changed in 2 years) 3. NO NO i am not changing router settings (they have never changed) plus i have c100 and c200 cameras they are working fine,i have tapo plugs and tapo bulbs,they to are working fine The c310 had been working fine for months,then suddenly both fail to work at the same time. 4. rebbot camera....yes many times. 5. connected directly,i dont have ap or extenders. The router is BT home hub 2 *********** 1.Again if the camera itself announces "failed to recieve ip address" in a robot voice. That would mean it failed to recieve ip address. It shows up on the router it has an ip address. BUt as the camera announces it failed to recieve ip address. 2. again its green flashing red. 3.BT home hub2. *********** It connects to the wifi first.camera announces in a robot voice connected to wifi.then it failes to ip. the camera is offline (i have never seen local only) i dont do the cloud. And again this camera had been working fine for months,then one day both cameras offline. I have c100 cameras and c200 cameras,tapo plugs and bulbs working fine. These two c310 cameras went offline after months of use.Easy and straightforward initial set up months ago,had been working ok. I have not made any internet/router changes before,during or after any tapo device has been installled. Now something has happened,tapo have done something,change it back,because im not making any alteraltions to my router,as it is not needed. So tapo please undo whatever you have done.
Options
2022-03-05 05:00:54

@reset-button 

What kind of joke company is tapo tp link?

I got an email from Ryan Long senior engineer support team

well i just got a message from my postmaster that my reply was not delivered because the email provider rejected it.

Joke of a company

Options
2022-03-08 12:13:08

@reset-button thank you very much for more detailed information, that's very helpful. 

So far it seems that Tapo C310 has connected to router Wi-Fi but failed to get cloud service, this is usually related to router or ISP set up and requires some further debug.   I will share this information with our seniors and get back to you later. 

Options
2022-03-08 15:34:50

@Solla-topee 

YES YES YES as in my first post,connects to wifi,then fails to receive ip address. WE have already established this weeks ago.BUT IT SEEMS YOU FAILED TO READ IT EACH AND EVERY TIME I HAVE REPEATED MYSELF.

cloud service.........i dont have it,i dont use it,i have seen the adverts,i have no interest in cloud.i never set up the cloud,as i dont want it.

This is not a router/isp set up issue.the router/isp was set up a very long time ago,it has never been altered.

the cameras had been set up months ago,they had been working for months.then they stopped working.I repeat no changes to router/isp have ever been changed not never.So it is not a router/isp issue lets get that clear.

Please @Solla-topee you are only making the situation here worse DO NOT REPLY

im done repeating myself over and over, i have nothing further to say to you 

Options
2022-03-10 06:14:07 - last edited 2022-03-10 06:15:41

Hello @reset-button 

I shared the information you provided with our seniors, and they will contact you directly through Outlook email. Kindly keep an eye in your inbox. Hope they can help sort it out for you. 

Options
2022-04-08 09:50:11

@Solla-topee 

I provided details to Ryan Long.

Have heard nothing.

My 2 c410 are still not working,c100,c200 15 plugs and 9 bulbs are working fine.

I have still heard nothing from Ryan, has been well over a month now.

Am i to assume that i have just bought 2 of the most expensive dummy security camera?

Ryan Long please reply

Options
2022-04-28 12:02:11
Almost 3 month update. ****************************** Dear Customer, Thank you for contacting TP-Link support. This is tp-link Candice to assist with your case. Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused, I will try my best to help. If camera failed to connect to BT router Wi-Fi Please create a Guest wifi network on BT router , set a simple wifi password, and see if a camera could connect to the Guest Wi-Fi network If you have a different Access point/ router, you could try to connect Tapo C310 to a different network. To check if this creates a mobile hotspot Wi-Fi and try to set up camera, could tapo C310 connect a hotspot wifi network? If so, try to update firmware for camera, later reset camera by pressing the reset button for more than 10 secs and connect it back to BT router. We look forward to hearing back from you. If you have additional information or feedback to provide, please let us know. Candice Wang TP-Link Technical Support ****************************** Yes i have additional information, I have told toppee 34 times,1 email from Ryan Long no reply. Candice long has copy/paste the same response as Ryan. Feedback.....You do not want feedback, so why should i bother giving any feedback if the response will be a copy/paste job.
Options