Can't stream C200 via RTSP / ONVIF

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-10 04:30:24
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I can't seem to get video stream via RTSP/ONVIF. I can connect to the camera and use PTZ functions (pan & tilt) but I get "no signal." I can confim PTZ works since I can view the stream via TAPO app.

The only reason I want to stream my camera via RTSP is to constantly monitor it on my Android TV. When streaming via Google Assistant, the stream closes after few minutes of inactivity. If you have a work-around for that, I will no longer need RTSP. If not, I need help getting video stream via RTSP/ONVIF.

Also, here's my port forwarding settings on my TP-Link TL-WR820N router

TIA

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't stream C200 via RTSP / ONVIF
2022-02-11 01:09:00 - last edited 2022-02-11 01:22:11

Hello @vnnmnrng 

1.  May I know do you stream Tapo camera via RTSP remotely or locally under the home Wi-Fi network ? 

If stream camera remotely via rtsp, you could set up DMZ on router for tapo camera's IP address and see if that helps. 

Here is a guide to set up DMZ on tp-link router. https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/28/

2.  Here is a related thread to stream tapo camera on PC, you could also give it try like using Andriod emulator to stream camera: 

Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC

If issue persists, may I know the network topology: e.g ISPXX + Router model xx <wireless>Tapo Camera; 

stream camera through ONVIF Device Manager in office 

May I know did you subscribe Tapo Care and set up SD card recording like Continuous/ Motion Detection recording? 

Options
2022-02-11 06:14:29

Solla-topee wrote

Hello @vnnmnrng 

1.  May I know do you stream Tapo camera via RTSP remotely or locally under the home Wi-Fi network ? I'm trying to stream locally

If stream camera remotely via rtsp, you could set up DMZ on router for tapo camera's IP address and see if that helps. 

Here is a guide to set up DMZ on tp-link router. https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/28/ Before posting, I already had DMZ enabled for my C200

2.  Here is a related thread to stream tapo camera on PC, you could also give it try like using Andriod emulator to stream camera: 

Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC I was using my PC to test if I can stream via RTSP. My ultimate goal is to stream the feed via RTSP on my Android TV box so I can monitor it 24/7

If issue persists, may I know the network topology: e.g ISPXX + Router model xx <wireless>Tapo Camera; 

Converge > Huawei EG8145V5 > LAN > TL-WR820N > Tapo C200

stream camera through ONVIF Device Manager in office 

I can only control pan & tilt in ONVIF Device Manager, but not stream video

May I know did you subscribe Tapo Care and set up SD card recording like Continuous/ Motion Detection recording? 

I'm on a 30 day trial. SD card recording is enabled. Motion detection recording is enabled. 

@Solla-topee 

Options
2022-02-15 02:25:05

Hello   @vnnmnrng 

Thank you very much for the case details provided, I would like to escalate your case through support email TKID220216525 to investigate further, please check your inbox. 

At the same time, you could try to use VLC Player to test VLC player connection. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1376

Replies: 3