SD Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

SD Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
SD Problem
SD Problem
2022-02-13 03:01:20
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.12 Build 211126 Rel. 15622n(4555)
Mi problema es que no puedo formatear mi SD desde la cámara o desde la computadora porque está protegida contra escritura, esto no se puede solucionar con nada en el foro, ya intente con software de terceros y nada ha funcionado. Al parecer cuando la mempria se llena es que queda incerbible... queda protegida contra escritura y nada lo resuelve.
Espero que me puedan ayudar ya que he visto que no hay solucion a este problema desde hace años! Esperare unos dias y si o hay respuesta regresare las camaras por garantia.

Mis datos:

Tapo C310

​​​​​​​

Options
4 Reply
Re:SD Problem
2022-02-14 03:38:50 - last edited 2022-02-14 07:00:50

@Malgaras 

Thank you for your feedback. 

Here is article found online to remove the Write protection on HDD, please give it a try and see it it helps 

https://www.lifewire.com/remove-write-protection-windows-10-8-7-4586905

• We have an instruction that helps with troubleshoot SD card problem, kindly give it a try and let us know if it works for you.

What should I do if the SD card doesn’t work properly on my camera?
Which microSD cards are supported on Tapo and Kasa Cameras? 

•  Please verify if SD card is Fake (expanded capacity) with H2testw software and share a photo with us 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2592/
NOTE: back up important files before run the test

Confirm Tapo APP and tapo device firmware are both up - to - date

If still the same issue,can you please help provide some information here: 

1.  Brand & capacity of the SD 

2.  a photo of the error if format on Tapo APP failed 

3.  a photo of SD card

4.  a photo of H2testw test result 
5.  Tapo APP version ( Tapo APP-> Me-> About)

Options
2022-02-16 03:27:32

@Solla-topee 

Hello, good afternoon.

I have not been able to solve the problem with the format of my SD memory, with your recommendations.

I send you the requested information:

1. ADATA microSDHC Card UHS-I CLASS 10. 32 GB. 

2. photo of the error if format on Tapo APP failed.

3. photo of SD card.

4. photo of H2testw test result

5. Tapo APP version.

Note: I have noticed that the memory marks it as full and it can no longer continue recording, but I can read the videos it has inside. I can read and copy them as much as in the Tapo application and on my computer, but I cannot delete any file (the delete option does not appear in the menu by right clicking) nor format the SD.

Thank you for your time.
Options
2022-02-22 06:08:35

@Solla-topee 

If its real capacity is 1GB, why did it fit about 30GB of videos? I can copy these to the pc without any problem.

And that has no repair? I have another exactly the same in another identical camera and the truth is I have to format it before it fills up because I'm afraid the same thing will happen to it.

Options
2022-02-22 08:53:05 - last edited 2022-02-22 08:54:25

Hello  @Malgaras 

Some correction in my last reply, after translating the error message, I  found the H2testw warning is also about 'medium is write-protected ' and the scanning stopped at 1 GB. found some third -party articles  and will send to you by private message later, you may give that a try. 

At the same time, I would like to escalate your case through support email TKID220215452, please check your inbox, thank you.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 387

Replies: 4

Related Articles