C200 - Two Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C200 - Two Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
C200 - Two Problems
C200 - Two Problems
2022-02-15 08:11:02
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.16

I have noticed some problems with the C200 Camera - or if not the cameras, then possibly the mobile app.

I have cameras installed at a remote location. Fairly regularly, one or more of these cameras will become unavailable in the mobile app, even though other (non TAPO) devices at that same location remain connected to the Internet and can still be accessed.

This is my first concern: why are your cameras unavailable in the mobile app so often?

I have configured the cameras to automatically reboot each day in an attempt to solve this, and they will sometimes reconnect after the reboot. But the reboot can only be once a day, and days may pass when the cameras will remain off-line before they do reconnect. I can't tell whether the scheduled camera reboots are not happening or if these cameras are somehow faulty...

My second concern is that the recordings made whilst the cameras are unavailable in the mobile app sometimes have the wrong timestamp. A recording supposedly made during the day may actually have been made during the night, and vice-versa. The camera's real time clock is massively unreliable.

Options
9 Reply
Re:C200 - Two Problems
2022-02-15 17:12:15
My sympathies, I posted this so I can keep up with this thread
Options
2022-02-16 00:38:56

Hi  @Robintes 

Have you experienced the same problems?

Options
2022-02-16 02:19:20 - last edited 2022-04-22 01:16:37

Hello   @Customer0 

Can I know how about the Led status when issue occurs it is red or flashing green? 

When issue occurs, please connect phone to Home Wi-Fi network and see if you could access the Camera on Tapo APP?

- If not, camera might disconnect from home Wi-Fi network, try to factory reset camera and set it up from scratch

How to reset my Tapo camera 

- If you could access camera under home Wi-Fi network, but not remotely by LTE mobile data or non-local wifi network, try some suggestions in guide here 

• Change router's DNS to 8.8.8.8/ 8.8.4.4
  • Check modem/ router firewall log/ settings, and see  request from smart plug has been blocked 
  • Make sure camera is connected to router directly, not through other AP or Range extenders
  • Make sure tapo firmware in tapo app and tapo APP version are both up to date 
  • Check if there is any Advanced settings on router like access control/ parental control/ Mac Filtering settings may affect the camera
  •  

If the issue persist, can I know 1) what is the model of Wi-Fi router and network topology, e.g. ISPXX-- Router archer C7 <WiFI > Tapo camera 

Can you share the Mac address of camera to us via private message?Thank you. 

Options
2022-02-16 11:05:12

@Customer0 

i think you must be on a web subscription mode?

I havent been able to get any reliable live displays on any of my 4 cams 3xC310, +C200, even though each is on a separate network with own TPid and router and display.  in 24hrs 1 or more will freeze, fortunately it appears to keep on recording to local memory AFAIK

for live video surveillance its totally unreliable

as it happens i now cant access my c200 on my mobile it say tap to refresh but doesnt YET I can see it on my pc through Ispy onvif

Options
2022-02-17 01:29:47

Hi  @Robintes

I'm not paying the TAPO Care Cloud Storage subscription: I have SD cards in each of my cameras and I use the Android mobile app to view them.

When the cameras are online (as seen via the mobile app), the live stream works OK for me.

My cameras do record when they are offline - though as I mentioned previously the timestamp on the recordings is often incorrect when they are offline.

Both cameras were working reliably last year. I think a firmware update (currently 1.1.16) may have introduced a problem which causes the cameras to lose their network connection, and the automatic daily reboot (scheduled via the mobile app) doesn't restore that connection.

However, as I know that the cameras lose track of the correct time when they are offline, I am wondering if the scheduled daily reboot actually is actually happening.

(The cameras are at a remote site, so I can't manually reboot them)

Options
2022-02-21 05:48:17

Hello   @Customer0 

Thank you for more case details provided, may I know did you try some suggestions provided on #4 like change router DNS settings ?

To help locate the issue and fix it finally , please help save the camera log when the issue occurs again:

How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera?

Can I know did you recently changed any settings or update firmware for router;

How about the Led status when camera goes offline?  At that time f connect mobile phone to home wifi network, it is still local only? 

Options
2022-03-04 23:11:38
I now have the same problem, cant access the C200 camera on my mobile. It stopped suddenly a few hours ago YET it still shows along with my other 5 cameras on my pc screen Agent DV onvif - thank buddha for that system or I would have binned Tapo. as per OP i have tried rebooting etec but will as last resort do a factory reset tomorrow I did install a tpl router as ranger extender, which is now in my shed, will try unplugging that? you would think that TPL a world leader in networks and routers would nt allow their name on such rubbish performance as this? I havent yet done the DNS thing - WHY should i have to do this??????????
Options
2022-03-05 16:43:51

@Robintes.  Solved, had to swap out the camera and do a full factory reset.  Then I had to go in and change the Account User name before it would load properly.  So WHY did it lose my setting suddenly - I have no idea. I hope it doeant happen again

Tapo app has so many bugs its fraudulent.  It also doesnt let you lower the frame rate from the default 15fps (clearly pushing its luck) I dont know how the streaming algorithm works but if your camera has too much activity - like moving the camera around  live, then this freezes things, but this is abnormal operation of a cctv except if you had lots of people walking by say.  BTW look at Trustpilot  https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/tp-link.com  80% 1star of 400+ customers

Options
2022-03-07 02:23:17 - last edited 2022-03-07 02:27:13

Hello   @Robintes 

Glad to know camera is now back after factory reset and reinstallation. When camera is offline, you may check if camera could be controlled locally or not, sometimes router's DNS somehow fails not resolve the request sent by camera, thus if camera is flashing green/ could be controlled locally when phone is connected to home Wi-Fi network (usually means connected to Wi-Fi but not connect to cloud service) we could try to change router DNS to another DNS server like Google DNS 8.8.8.8 for a try. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1254

Replies: 9

Related Articles