tapo out door - connected via lan cable - showing its wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-15 13:58:14
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

my outdoor cam is connected via - lan or utp cable

but i checked the available wifi's its showing its own SSID - TAPO****** without password

anyway to turn it off or hide it?

Options
3 Reply
Re:tapo out door - connected via lan cable - showing its wifi
2022-02-15 14:02:03

@paoishere now anyone one can view it via app :( cuz it doesnt have a password

Options
2022-02-15 17:01:59

@paoishere 

erm have you tried this with a separate tapo account? - assuming no one knows your real TP link id

AFAIK you cant access a camera without the Tapo account its linked to

not to say you couldnt hack the pw  but a simple wifi scanner will show you all wifi access points anyway but you have to go some to guess the pw

Options
2022-02-16 02:40:57 - last edited 2022-02-16 02:42:30

@paoishere 

Hello 

The default Tapo SSID is for Tapo APP to find the smart device during set up process (that default SSID works in its own IP subnet, which is isolated from the home Wi-Fi network), and should be gone after smart device set up process in Tapo APP. 

• Confirm you have set up Tapo Camera in the APP first as the SSID should be gone after successful setup
  • If Tapo is wired to router by Ethernet cable, check if the Ethernet cable is disconnected, please plug Ethernet cable back and see if that helps.

Here is a related FAQ: 

Q1.13: What should I do if Tapo C310 still shows Tapo_Cam_XXX default WiFi whilst connected via Ethernet Cable?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2742/

Options