C210 pan not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C210 pan not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
C210 pan not working
C210 pan not working
2022-02-22 12:18:54 - last edited 2022-02-27 22:52:55
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.12

Hi there, seems like I have an identical problem on my C210.

I get the message "Camera pan tilt has reached the maximum extent in this direction. Please drag  to another direction"

It's like either the camera gets stuck and wont move like a slipping belt not engaging.

The best I can describe it is if you imagine a clock face and if I set the left limit at say 8 and the right limit at say 4, as i use it after about 5-6 times the left limit will shift to 10 and the right limit will shift to 6. 

Now Im now even getting the full range.

The mark positions arent reliable either.

Its only been in service about 12 days.

A reboot has not fixed the problem.

I have also tried the Pan and Tilt correction setting under Advanced settings

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:C210 pan not working-Solution
2022-02-27 01:31:36 - last edited 2022-02-27 22:52:55

@Noods hello, I had one C200 which failed to pan too, on first attempt tried to reset the cam and when done, it normally makes a test of pan and tilt, where I saw that the camera is not pan and tilting as it was (like it can't go 360° too). This happened few weeks after I sent another c200 to the shop I bought from to replace it because it was just dead. I opened the case (its quite easy without to destroy it) and immediately the cause for the error was visible. Somehow cables of the motor were placed badly (or came out) and it blocked the motor from pan & tilt.

Resolution of the issue was simple, simply placing cables correctly back and fix the motor inside if it is not fixed.

When you open it you will understand why it is so cheap, if you need to build own mini cam with motor etc... c200 is quite nice and price is very acceptable for that.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:C210 pan not working
2022-02-23 01:44:45

Hello @Noods 

Thank you for your feedback. 

• Try to gently rotate the camera manually and see if it could rotate smoothly afterwards (check if camera stuck at certain point)

Do you mean the range of Pan will move to left after sometime?  Can you check if camera position is moved or changed? 

If still the same, can you share 1) a video shared link showing the issue 2) Mac address of camera (please share by private message) Thank you. 

Options
2022-02-24 07:15:44

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried rotating the camera days ago before I reached out here.

It is rotating OK without restriction but seem to lose it location after a few sweeps.

I see your point about the camera moving or changing but it is fixed to a bracket so that theory can be eliminated.

Rotating the camera manually fixes the issue only temporarily but its use is to monitor my elderly Mother who lives remotely and I need something reliable.

Options
2022-02-24 10:44:57 - last edited 2022-02-24 10:49:00

@Noods Thank you for more case details and the explanation.  If it is convenient for you, can you help record a short video of the issue? Did the camera hit the ground?

From your description, the certain camera could be faulty, you could try to contact the retailer to get a replacement first.  

Options
Re:C210 pan not working-Solution
2022-02-27 01:31:36 - last edited 2022-02-27 22:52:55

@Noods hello, I had one C200 which failed to pan too, on first attempt tried to reset the cam and when done, it normally makes a test of pan and tilt, where I saw that the camera is not pan and tilting as it was (like it can't go 360° too). This happened few weeks after I sent another c200 to the shop I bought from to replace it because it was just dead. I opened the case (its quite easy without to destroy it) and immediately the cause for the error was visible. Somehow cables of the motor were placed badly (or came out) and it blocked the motor from pan & tilt.

Resolution of the issue was simple, simply placing cables correctly back and fix the motor inside if it is not fixed.

When you open it you will understand why it is so cheap, if you need to build own mini cam with motor etc... c200 is quite nice and price is very acceptable for that.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-02-27 22:50:11

@btx Thanks for your reply. I have since had the unit exchanged and this is working as intended :) I can see what your saying and that's a logical explanation like my dog tangling its lead around my legs. 

I dont anticipate any problems now but will keep this in mind if I have issues again outside of warranty (when it becomes my problem).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 947

Replies: 5

Related Articles