live view on android without internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-26 02:47:20
Model: NC450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

I have a very, VERY simple question, but possibly very hard answer, if any. 

Currently, I use my NC450 camera only as a baby monitor to know when my baby wakes up from sleep. However, I'm just about to board a cruise ship where there's no Internet, therefore the tpCamera app is not an option (am I wrong?). 

That would be quite simple to accomplish using a PC with the Windows app I don't remember the name, or with firefox, by just typing the internal IP of the camera, but I can't find a way to do that on an Android device, for one stupid reason (imo):

SSL certificate or version for the login page is not supported on any browser.

Am I missing something obvious I could do?

Options
3 Reply
Re:live view on android without internet
2022-02-28 01:39:35

Hello @alangt 

Here is guide introducing different methods to view NC camera: How to view the Camera?

- If camera has connected to home Wi-Fi network and gets an IP address, you should be able to watch live view through tpCamera APP when phone under the same local network That requires to connect mobile phone to the home Wi-Fi network ( turn off VPN or mobile data on the phone )

- if you try to login web UI of camera using its IP address on a mobile device , please also make sure the phone is connected to home Wi-Fi network ( turn off VPN or mobile data on the phone ) . You could try a different browser if certain browser reports error. 

Options
2022-03-01 14:46:46

@Solla-topee Really? 

Can you explain me how the app is able to validate the email and password without internet?

Thank you! 

Options
2022-03-02 02:47:02

Hello  @alangt 

As far as I know the APP does require log in, but not every time.  You could try to log in APP first before internet stops.  Give that a try and let us know how it goes. 

NC cameras also support RTSP streaming,  you could download an APP which supports RSTP and try to set up a connection: 

RTSP streaming port: 554

For NC220/NC230/NC250/NC260/NC450:

720P: rtsp://admin:Password@IP:554/h264_hd.sdp

480P: rtsp://admin:Password@IP:554/h264_vga.sdp

Note: Here Password is the login password you set for the camera.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 341

Replies: 3

Related Articles