Video playback from memory

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-03 11:26:31 - last edited 2022-03-03 12:24:34
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.12

I have just purchased a new C210 and an external C320WS.  On both, if I do a manual video record, it saves a video file into the Memory section and I can see the thumbprints perfectly showing an image with the time length of the video.  However, when I click on the play button of the opened video file, nothing happens and the image is black.  Is it not possible to play back manually recorded videos?  It's worth saying that the automatically recorded videos after motion is detected all play back perfectly.  Just the manual ones don't.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Video playback from memory
2022-03-03 12:46:50 - last edited 2022-03-03 12:49:30

@P40 On further investigation, the issue seems to be to do with the video quality on both cameras.  If I set this to 1080P, then video playback from memory works.  If I set this to 3MP on the C210 or 4K on the C320WS, then video playback from memory doesn't work.  However, as I said before, video taken after motion detection works fine even when the video quality is 3 MP or 4K.  Any ideas, anyone?

Options
Re:Video playback from memory
2022-03-04 01:17:42

Hello   @P40 

Thank you for your valuable feedback, please confirm camera firmware & Tapo APP version are both up to date.

Try a different phone if you have one.

Can you help provide some information here for us to investigate further

1. model of phone and its Android/ IOS version 

2.  Tapo APP version : APP> Me>About 

3. A photo of Playback when set on 3MP or 4K or a video shared link of the issue 

4. Mac address of camera

Thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 370

Replies: 2

Related Articles