Votes

Daylight Savings Timezone for Tapo C100 + other Smart Cameras North America

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-24 16:38:04
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.15

The C100 cameras I have do not adjust to daylight savings time. And there is not an option to choose a timezone that has the proper daylight savings for Alberta Canada. UTC -07:00 Mountain Daylight Time. or Mountain Standard Time. There should be an option to set a UTC timezone, and have it "sync" with daylight savings. Currently UTC-7 Phoenix and UTC-7 Denver do not participate in daylight savings, so choosing those will have wrong time half the year. UTC-7 chihuahua has daylight savings but it is set to a different date, which is not as bad, only wrong time for 2 months of the year. There are no other UTC -7 locations.

I cannot even manually choose some UTC-6 time zones to fix this twice a year as they DO participate in daylight savings, so the time goes off by 2 hours, and then it is off by 1 hour in my local time. I have to choose the Tegucigalpa or Saskatchewan ones, becuase Chicago and Mexico City both use daylight savings for UTC-6.

But to avoid having to have every single city/state/province as each city state or province has their own rules for daylight savings, it would be nice to have a feature to just set daylight savings mode on or off, and be able to set the dates it changes. (second Sunday of March, and first Sunday of November)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Daylight Savings Timezone for Tapo C100 + other Smart Cameras North America
2022-03-25 02:22:03 - last edited 2022-03-25 02:30:33

Hello  @baxbunny 

Thank you for let us know UTC-6 Tegucigalpa / Saskatchewan could be an option for UTC-7 with daylight saving time. Thank you for your sharing .

It's new to know that Alberta, Canada is on DST. The time zones on the APP corresponds to some embedded time-servers, not sure if it is feasible to add a Daylight saving time ON/OFF and still get corect time sync ,  probably it would be easier to add an option of  UTC-7 with DST , I will pass along your idea with our team for consideration  Thank you for the feedback

Any user who got a similar concern or request, please feel free to leave your comment below.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1619

Replies: 1

Voters 2