Not able to view 24/7 recording for KC115

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-19 12:56:07

Whenever I select 24/7 Recording on the Kasa App, the portion of the screen supposed to show the video just displays a spinning wheel. This is the same no matter whether my phone is on the same wifi network or not. 

Live view works fine. The camera can detect motion and send alert. However I cannot view the recording. Disabling hardware optimization does not make any difference.

Can anyone help?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Not able to view 24/7 recording for KC115
2022-04-20 01:26:24

Hello   @HenryGr 

If Playback does not load,try rebooting camera first.

Confirm kasa APP & device firmware are both up to date. 

Try a different phone and see if this is related certain phone

If camera 24/7 was working fine before , try factory resetting camera and set it up on Kasa app again and see you could access 24/7 recording. 

Check modem & firewall settings and see if any request from camera MAC has been blocked

May I know the ISP and model of router, e.g. ISP Spectrum modem - router <wireless>camera, APP version, model of phone and its Andriod/ IOS version

Can I have a photo of the error page/ loading page? Thanks!

Options
2022-05-30 07:27:23

Will my kasa cam automatically delete footage to continue recording? I'm just hoping I don't have to manually format the sd card every few days

Options
2022-05-31 03:43:44

@JodaJacksoncatr Hello, thank you for asking, kasa camera with SD card feature uses loop recording automatically and camera will overwrite the oldest footage when SD card is full. It is recommended to usea  high enduration SD card or use the SD cards which is advertised to be suitable for security cameras.

Options

Information

Helpful: 12

Views: 1873

Replies: 4