Connecting ISpy to a Tapo camera on another network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-26 02:17:31
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I use ISpy to see the cameras on my pc since I don't want my phone running the Tapo App for long periods. I installed a Tapo C310 on my family house and Im trying to figure out how to use ISpy to see another Tapo camera on a different network. I can see the C310 family camera on my Tapo App no problem but I also wanna see it on my ISpy program. Any ideas? Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting ISpy to a Tapo camera on another network
2022-04-27 07:41:37 - last edited 2022-04-27 07:48:22

Hello   @badrobot0001 

It is recommended to try ISPY on your home local wifi network first, to ensure you could stream camera via iSPY  on a computer when camera and computer are on the same network (both camera and computer connect to the same network) To remotely stream camera, you will need to open ports or do Port forwarding for the camera on the router and then use a different URL to access camera. 

• ONVIF Service Port: 2020
  • RTSP Service Port: 554

Please check this thread for some detail  workaround: Re:Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC-Solution 4. Stream Camera Remotely on PC 

You may also give a try on the Android Emulators mentioned there. 

Related FAQ: How to view Tapo camera on PC through RTSP stream?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1673

Replies: 1