Tapo C310 shows open wifi network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-02 17:46:01
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a Tapo C310 setup via Cable network but it shows an open network I can connect to without password in my wifi list.

How can I secure this/turn this off?

Kind regards.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo C310 shows open wifi network
2022-05-05 00:56:32

@Tosti 

Thank you for asking. 

the default SSID should disappear after setup process in the tapo APP, so please confirm you have setup the camera on the Tapo APP and finish the setup process,

Also check if cable is properly plugged in and reboot camera, here is QA that may help: 

Q1.13: What should I do if Tapo C310 still shows Tapo_Cam_XXX default WiFi whilst connected via Ethernet Cable?

Options
2022-05-14 06:40:51 - last edited 2022-05-14 06:41:14

No, it was setup properly and connected properly yet it kept showing the open wifi network, it disappeared for a day or so after reconnecting everything and all but then it just showed up again.

Unfortunately it's a very unsafe camera, waste of money and now removed again.

Options
2022-09-08 15:50:39

@Tosti 

Hello i got the same issue -> i got 6 Tapo cams a see somtimes i see open wifi connections in my area.

This open wifi connections are been open by the Tapo C310 camera

When i i try to connect those wifi connection i got a IP from the dhcp of the TAPO cam  (example 192.168.191.102)

the default gateway is 192.168.191.1

When i open VLC after this connection i can stream form this cam

I got a popup asking the credentials 

The both TAPO cams are connected wire cable so the Cam don't needed to make open wifi connections

the first cams in this test runs on

hardware 2.0 firmware 1.2.5 the last one for this cam

the second cal hardware 1.0 firmware 1.3.0 also on the last one

This issue give me big concerns about my privacy with a small ICT knowledge my neighbors can spy on me

Also this open wifi made by the TAPO cams can be us as a gateway to you internal network.

TP-LINK please check this ASAP and let us know how we can secure this

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 893

Replies: 3