tapo100 not recording

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

tapo100 not recording

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
tapo100 not recording
tapo100 not recording
2022-05-06 10:04:18 - last edited 2022-05-07 06:45:59
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.15

Hi having trouble with this c100 camera, it does not save recording, have tried every setting but still not saving, even when viewing on screen and press record  still no recording saved although it states it is recording

Have had it on continuous recording new sd card which was accepted and formatted ok, no problem with wi-fi.

I have read other threads regards this issue and have tried all of what as been advised, so any help would be appreciated

Trevor

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:tapo100 not recording-Solution
2022-05-07 01:09:10 - last edited 2022-05-09 10:48:50

Hello @trexuk 

•  Make sure the camera is connected to the internet (check if timestamp on the live view is up to date)
  • Manually recorded video clips will be saved into your phone directly;

Motion Detection/ Continuous recording or the videos in APP> Playback are saved in the SD card. 

• If 24/7 Continuous Recording not working, here are some tips to give it try:

- Check the SD card status and make sure the SD card status Good/ could be formatted.
- Confirm the firmware of the Tapo camera and the Tapo APP version are both up-to-date.
- Tapo APP Camera Settings > Recording Schedule, Motion Detection recording (Orange) /Continuous recording(Blue), make sure all the time blocks are selected.

How can I view 24-hour recordings of Tapo cameras in Tapo app?
-Confirm the SD card is supported by your camera

-Which microSD cards are supported on Tapo and Kasa Cameras?

Verify the SD card with H2testw software  ( check if it is an expanded capacity SD card) and share a photo with the test results  (back up important files before run the test)

If still the same, can you provide some information here1. Can you share a photo showing No recording?
2. Model of your phone and its Android. IOS version?
3. please share Mac address of your camera with us via private message
4. brand and capacity of SD card , SD card Statuson Tapo APP & H2testw test result 

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:tapo100 not recording-Solution
2022-05-07 01:09:10 - last edited 2022-05-09 10:48:50

Hello @trexuk 

•  Make sure the camera is connected to the internet (check if timestamp on the live view is up to date)
  • Manually recorded video clips will be saved into your phone directly;

Motion Detection/ Continuous recording or the videos in APP> Playback are saved in the SD card. 

• If 24/7 Continuous Recording not working, here are some tips to give it try:

- Check the SD card status and make sure the SD card status Good/ could be formatted.
- Confirm the firmware of the Tapo camera and the Tapo APP version are both up-to-date.
- Tapo APP Camera Settings > Recording Schedule, Motion Detection recording (Orange) /Continuous recording(Blue), make sure all the time blocks are selected.

How can I view 24-hour recordings of Tapo cameras in Tapo app?
-Confirm the SD card is supported by your camera

-Which microSD cards are supported on Tapo and Kasa Cameras?

Verify the SD card with H2testw software  ( check if it is an expanded capacity SD card) and share a photo with the test results  (back up important files before run the test)

If still the same, can you provide some information here1. Can you share a photo showing No recording?
2. Model of your phone and its Android. IOS version?
3. please share Mac address of your camera with us via private message
4. brand and capacity of SD card , SD card Statuson Tapo APP & H2testw test result 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:tapo100 not recording
2022-05-07 11:14:36

@Solla-topee 

Hi thanks for the reply, your advice was most welcome, but I had done most of what you have suggested.

First thing though which you hve pointed out is that when I press record on the home screen, it sends it to the phone and not the sd card, which works fine

But as for sending it to the sd card , it comes up with no recordings and there is no timeline graph showing

I can confirm that the sd card on the app it states is good , also the sd recoding is on

The sd card is Integral ultima pro micro sdxc v30 64gb

The sd card test results:-

Warning: only 59636 59637 MByte tested

Test finished without errors

You can now delete the test files*.h2w or verify them again

writing speed 15.0MByte/s

Reading speed 18.9MByte/s

my phone model Homtom android v7

I must admit I brought a Blink camera at the same time and that works perfect, but the thing I did not like it did not do continuous recording and you have no option but to use clould support, so that's a no go for me 

I will send a private message with my mac address

Options
2022-05-09 10:37:35 - last edited 2022-05-09 10:50:24

@trexuk 

Thank you very much for more case details. 

•  Make sure the camera is connected to the internet and the timestamp on the live view is up to date.

If camera is offline or no internet , try to reboot router & camera or perform a factory reset on camera and reinstall it in Tapo APP.

Please double confirm you have selected all the time Blocks in Recording Schedule.It should be all Blue for 24/7 Continuous recording, all Orange for Motion Detection Recording. 

Can you share a photo showing no recording & recording schedule setup.

There is Pic icon to attach the photo when reply the thread. 

Options
2022-05-09 13:27:11

@Solla-topee 

Hi I have set up as you have instructed, pictures enclosed

Options
2022-05-10 02:42:07

@trexuk thank you for the photos! to better assist with your case , we created a support email and escalate your case,  please check your inbox for TKID220510020.

Options
2022-05-11 05:42:29 - last edited 2022-05-11 06:07:13

Hello  @trexuk 

As checked your camera seems to be offline right now, can you confirm  the camera is connected to the internet and the timestamp on the live view is up to date.

If camera is offline or no internet , try to reboot router & camera or perform a factory reset on camera and reinstall it in Tapo APP and see if camera will start record again.

If camera has internet, can you help get the camera log and share the log file with us on the support email or attach the log here,

May I know is it a brand new camera and when did the issue occurs? Thank you for  you time for confirming details. 

How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 513

Replies: 6