Votes

Power Strip naming for plugs in the User Interface

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-10 14:44:07
Model: HS300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

It would be great if on the plug name in small font or something, the power strip could be identified. When you have a power strip, and only label the outlets, and the individual outlets get put in alphabetical order, it's hard to figure out what outlets are which devices. Being able to group by the power strip, or name the outlets as a subset of the power strip would really help.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Power Strip naming for plugs in the User Interface
2022-05-11 01:37:12

Hello   @GoneSailing 

Thank you for starting a feature request post! Do you want another category for Smart strip like 'SMART PLUGS'  category the APP,  this seems to a good idea to identify what power sockets for smart power strip.  Now as the workaround, you could give them the name staring with the same characters like Plug1- PC, Plug2- PC2, Plug3 etc.

You could identify the original order of plugs Device settings-Customize- Reorder.  

Thank you for the idea. If any user get interested in this feature, feel free to leave your comment below and let us know~

Options
2022-05-11 02:04:26

@Solla-topee I don't really want to name devices "Office Computer Power Strip -Plug 1- MacBook".

if you need a user story, I just want to name a power strip and see which power strip and plug in the app.

Say, I'm working with a power strip in a room. How do I remember what Plug 2 was labeled a year ago, after it was unplugged and the printer was tossed. It's easy if you only have one power strip or a couple outlets, but I have 4 power strips and like 10 individual plugs. That's like 34 devices I have to sort through. Now, when I go into a device, it tells me what plug # it is, but not which strip. 

In the main device list, in small text under the device name, you could add PowerStrip location and plug number. It would be great if I was reprogramming a power strip, I could just select that strip and see Plugs 1-6, but just labeling the location or strip name on the main page would be a big help. 

Options
2022-05-11 02:08:14
Basically, I want to plug something in to outlet 5 on the strip under my desk, how do I find the whatever that plug was named, so I can rename to the new device? Right now, if I have 40 devices, that’s a pain.
Options
2022-05-11 02:16:59

@GoneSailing  thanks for taking time explaining the context of this request, this  does help us understand it better. I will record this improvement suggestion first and pass along to related team for evaluation. Thank again for the feedback~

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 288

Replies: 4

Voters 1