Tapo c310 alexa ios app says sorry cameras dont work on this device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-15 11:29:58
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.12

I have installed and configured the C310 and all features are working in the Tapo app. When I attempt to access the camera from an Alexa show this works however when I attempt to connect via the Alexa app on my iPhone 12 Alexa says "sorry, this device doesn't support cameras". I am on iOS v15.4.1. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Tapo c310 alexa ios app says sorry cameras dont work on this device
2022-05-16 01:25:58

Hello  @Hmiller 

Here are some of the voice commands that you could use to control tapo camera via Alexa

How to control Tapo camera by Amazon Alexa with voice commands

For error' "sorry, this device doesn't support cameras" may I know did you try to link Tapo skill in Alexa app and get this error, can I have a photo of it. 

May I know the model of your Echo and the software version, please share the MAC address of camera via private message, thank you 

Options
2022-05-16 09:06:35
I have linked the Tapo skill within the Alexa app. I will DM you with screenshots to show this is active.
Options
2022-05-16 09:08:21

@Solla-topee 

For error' "sorry, this device doesn't support cameras" may I know did you try to link Tapo skill in Alexa app and get this error, can I have a photo of it. 

May I know the model of your Echo and the software version, please share the MAC address of camera via private message, thank you 

Options
2022-05-16 09:15:26

@Solla-topee 

In the Alexa app on my iOS device the camera devices details states "Tapo - Live view not supported on this device".

Options
2022-05-16 10:57:36 - last edited 2022-05-16 11:02:45

@Hmiller Many thanks for more case details!

Can I know what Amazon device do you use to camera stream live feed? As checking online, this error 'Tapo- Live view not supported on this device' may occur when you use Echo dot, which is just a speaker, not a smart display. 

Or it seems to be a display issue in the APP, you  could try to disable and enable Tapo skill .

Also update Alexa APP to the latest. 

If you could watch Tapo Live feed on Amazon Echo Show, Echo Spot or Fire TV, but the error occurs, I'd recommend also reaching Amazon support and see more professional suggestions with the error.  (Btw, Tapo does not support live feed on Alexa app, only Tapo APP or Amazon/Google smart displays like Echo show etc.) Feel free to let us know how it goes.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 626

Replies: 5