not detect movement

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

not detect movement

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
not detect movement
not detect movement
2022-05-23 02:28:24
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.15

I had firmware 1.1.10 l updated a firmware 1.1.15 now it does not detect movement in a corner. It only does this when the object spans and approaches the center of the screen. Motion detection is maxed out. I updated tapo care to enable AI detection but it doesn't do anything. Everything remains the same. I would like to go back to firmware 1.1.10 which was perfect. Thks.

Pd.

Tapo app version 2.4.70

Options
3 Reply
Re:not detect movement
2022-05-24 02:58:06 - last edited 2022-05-24 03:01:25

@alvaro123 

Thank you for the feedback, if a motion is not detected or motion is not recorded, you could adjust some settings as below. 

1. Confirm Motion Detection is 'ON', and  set up proper Activity zone & Sensitivity settings as instruction here
How to use motion detection function of my Tapo camera in Tapo app

2. Turn on Alarm and check if see if Alarm goes off when a motion happened in the Activity zone? 

If the issue persists, can you help provide some information to help look into that further: 

1) the video clip showing the issue (use Tapo APP to manually the video and share video link here )

A photo of Playback timeline at that time. 

2) photo of motion detection settings, Activity Zone & Sensitivity 

3)  Does an Alarm go off when there is a motion? 

If you use Motion detection/Continuous recording, please share photo of Recording Schedule,

4) Mac address of camera( please share MAC by  private message) / Tapo APP version 

For ' does not detect movement in a corner.' may I know how did you find out this? 

Options
2022-05-24 22:15:49
All other functions everything is ok. It still has motion detection. But... it seems that the camera had lost sensivity for more distant objects. And when there is sunlight, there is no contrast on a white background, so the detection does not jump. In the upper left corner was the entrance of the door and the detection began with the object moving towards the center of the screen. I didn't move anything. Updated only. Now it only detects when the object moves when it is already in the center of the screen. Buttom RESET.. heither nothing. I have other 3 (c100) and 2(c200) cameras that are up to date and very good. Although the viewing angle and luminosity is very different so ir cannot be compared. Thks.
Options
2022-05-30 03:46:10

Hello   @alvaro123 

Thank you for more details, if there is no contrast when there is sunlight,  it could be related to the environment where camera positioned.

Avoid glass or transparent objects in  front of camera 

You could try adjusting the angle or position of camera where it could get proper contrast and, try to  avoid sunlight reflection.

If the concern persists, can you share manually recorded videos clips shared link by private message and we will see if it's normal. 

Options