Low quality of live video

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-29 16:07:29
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.18

Dears,

Is there any solution to this problem? I read a lot of forum topics complaining about this and still no luck.

Even the beta 1.1.19 improved a little bit the quality but still is far from being 3mp as advertised.

The link to the camera is very stable so i don't think its an issue with connection.

This camera seems like a scam :)

Any help?

Options
8 Reply
Re:Low quality of live video
2022-05-30 01:13:30 - last edited 2022-05-30 09:44:16

If quality of live video is not that clear, you could try some tips here 

• Confirm you have set Camera View Quality to 3MP/1080P high resolution 
  • Ensure Tapo APP and device firmware update are both update. 
  • Confirm the object you want to monitor is not very far from the camera 

If still the same,  can you share some photos showing the live view quality, use Tapo APP to manually record video clip / photos when set in 3Mp and 1080P and share with Google Drive/Onedrive link, you could compare low quality 1080P and 3MP and see video image quality improved. 

Did you contact support before, did you have any ticket ID, what is the current tapo APP version? Thanks.

Options
2022-05-30 07:20:18

Hello,

yes, i confirm that is setup on 3mp. Tried also the 1080 and the same quality. Firmware for tapo is up to date. App for android is also updated. I'm trying to monitor a kid bed(and room) so very close indeed.

I have never opened a ticket or contacted support.

Options
2022-05-30 09:28:00

Hello  @albgen 

Thank you for the test. The video quality should show more details when set on higher resolution, you could use Tapo APP to take photos when camera is on1080P /3MP separately , go to Memory and download the photos into the phone, there you could check resolution &  size of photos and see the difference. If you zoom the photos,  photos take under higher resolution should be more clear. 

If you found the photo is unclear, can you use Tapo APP manually take a the photo and share the photos with us via a shared link or email, I will create a support email for your case later. Please check your email inbox 

You could now delete the photos for privacy in the thread.

Options
2022-05-30 09:31:50

@Solla-topee sir, i need to see it in high resolution on the app when it is live so for me it is not important to record or take pictures.

Is it possible to do something on the live feed?

Options
2022-05-30 09:41:00

@albgen I created a support email for your case TKID220531511. 

Can you use Tapo APP to manually record video clip / photos when set in 3Mp and 1080P and share with Google Drive/Onedrive link or email.   We will see if any optimization could be done. Thank you for your time and patience. 

Options
2022-05-30 13:24:35
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Rg9ddA0nPxRbpoX3rC0bTDVeYc19jpO/view?usp=sharing
Options
2022-05-31 07:31:20

@albgen Thank you for the videos, to better assist with your case I escalated your case through support email, please check your email inbox later TKID220531511.

Options
2022-05-31 07:45:23

@Solla-topee thanks. The support is talking about recording but i'm talking about the live view where the image is very low quality.

I think tplink is aware of this issue. I have seen so many forums talking about low quality  on yhe live since 2021 abd nothing until now.

Anyway i appreciate the effort and your time but the camera has a quality of a 10 year old camera. For me, until now is a waste of money.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1140

Replies: 8

Related Articles