Tapo App broken

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo App broken

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tapo App broken
Tapo App broken
2022-05-30 09:20:22 - last edited 2022-06-06 05:37:19
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.18

A have a few cameras (7) mainly C210's. Also a small mixture of Kasa and Tap plugs on my system (Alexa). The Tapo app was working absolutely flawless for quite some time but I updated it a few days ago and I now have horrendous problems (2.8.8). Lockups, crashes unresponsive, blank screen at times and slowness to a stop. The APP IS TOTALLY BROKEN. The worst is when I view a camera and change to full screen followed by looking at a set of 4 I have set up. This brings out the worst issues and the APP IN NOW USELESS. I have uninstalled and re-installed the App and problems still persist. After reinstalling the APP my cameras & plugs appeared a 'new' appeared in the icons. When I check for recordings they are still there but as I navigate back on each camera I get a very short screen flash that twice I have managed to read before it disappeared. I was asking to switch on 2 step security. Once I managed to hold the screen before it disapeared but I could not do anything else. Even trying to send feedback within app can crash at times. Seriously broken!!!! I don't need two step security but I do need a working app as it was before TP-Link destroyed the working APP. Surely a company this 'good' can do better!!!!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo App broken-Solution
2022-06-02 01:43:42 - last edited 2022-06-06 05:37:19

Hello @scouseware 

Thank you for your valuable feedback.  A new app version Android Tapo APP 2.8.13  has been released and that contains some fixes.

Please update the Android Tapo app in Google Play and see if the app works fine for you. 

Feel free to let us know for any observations. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo App broken-Solution
2022-06-02 01:43:42 - last edited 2022-06-06 05:37:19

Hello @scouseware 

Thank you for your valuable feedback.  A new app version Android Tapo APP 2.8.13  has been released and that contains some fixes.

Please update the Android Tapo app in Google Play and see if the app works fine for you. 

Feel free to let us know for any observations. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 736

Replies: 1

Related Articles