Cannot format SD card

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot format SD card

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cannot format SD card
Cannot format SD card
2022-05-30 16:34:43
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.18

I cannot format any SD card in the Tapo app.

I have tried 4 SD cards.

Samsung 32GB x 1

Strontium 64GB x 1

San Disk 64GB x 1

San Disk 128GB x 1

I confirm they can work on other devices. (phone, Switch, dashcam, camera, etc.)

And I have tried to format the SD card to Fat 32 / exFat on PC, but the App also shows "Failed to format, please try again later"

Please help.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot format SD card
2022-05-31 09:23:44

@Vincent.Chau 

It's a good step to try different SD card, here is an instruction that provides some tips that may help with your case. 
What should I do if the SD card doesn’t work properly on my camera?

Verify if SD card is Fake (expanded capacity) with H2testw software and share a photo with us ( NOTE: back up important files before run the test )

How to Verify Fake Micro SD Cards

To look into the case further, can you share the MAC address and SN number of the camera (with us via private message), the photo of SD card, the photo of HS2testw result  please also check my private message and help collect the log . Thank you. 

Options
2022-05-31 10:19:12

@Solla-topee 

Why do you always suspect customers are using fake SD cards?

Do you wanna tell me my 4 SD cards are fake too?

I can use these SD cards on other devices, but Tapo C210.

I can send you my MAC address and SN number via private message.

Options
2022-05-31 12:30:57

@Vincent.Chau 

Thank you for sharing more case details, to better assist with your case, I created a support email TKID220532837 to follow up further, you could help collect the camera log to help analyze the issue. Camera recording is a fast rewrite state, if SD card is fake we may experience some issue in recording process, but in other devices you may find SD card is fine.  It would be better if we could verify the SD card when SD card does not work fine in the camera, but as you have tested multiple SD cards, you might skip that step or test later. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 449

Replies: 3

Related Articles