HS300 flashing off and on. Can't reset.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-19 03:41:57
Tags: #hs300
Model: HS300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

HS300 all plugs turning off and on constantly, clicking each time. SYS light is blinking orange and very briefly looks green as well. The grounded and protected lights are white though.

If I turn it off and on, then hold down one of the buttons for a long time, it still doesn't reset or anything.

Not sure what else I can do.

Options
3 Reply
Re:HS300 flashing off and on. Can't reset.
2022-06-20 01:13:16 - last edited 2022-06-20 01:14:05

Hello  @rsherga 

You could try to disconnect smart device from Wi-Fi network like power off the router temporarily. 

Then with the device powered on,  try factory resetting the power strip by pressing the control button for more than10 secs and see if the device have the same?    How to reset TP-Link Kasa smart switch and plug?

Do you mean the socket are in a reboot loop when powered on? May I know was there any power outage or thunderstorm happen before this behavior happened? If the same, it could be a faulty device, it is recommended to reach retailer or our local support directly to check warranty. Please attach puchasa date, SN number, proof of purchase etc. when check warranty.

Options
2022-06-20 01:39:50

@Solla-topee 

Solla-topee wrote

Hello  @rsherga 

You could try to disconnect smart device from Wi-Fi network like power off the router temporarily. 

Then with the device powered on,  try factory resetting the power strip by pressing the control button for more than10 secs and see if the device have the same?    How to reset TP-Link Kasa smart switch and plug?

Do you mean the socket are in a reboot loop when powered on? May I know was there any power outage or thunderstorm happen before this behavior happened? If the same, it could be a faulty device, it is recommended to reach retailer or our local support directly to check warranty. Please attach puchasa date, SN number, proof of purchase etc. when check warranty.

Thanks for reply. Factory reset process does not work. There isn't any change in behavior when doing the steps.

And yes, reboot loop is probably the best description of what is occurring here.

I bought the strip in January along with a bunch of other Kasa products, but this seems to be the only one with any issue at the moment. I'll open a ticket with support team. Thanks

Options
2022-06-20 05:59:12

@rsherga Thank you for more test, so far it sounds to be a defective unit.  I noticed you've created support email and our support will help you from there. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 950

Replies: 3

Tags

hs300
Related Articles