Tapo C200 suddenly turning off for days and turning on again

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-21 10:44:44
Tags: #Reset
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.16

Hi everyone,

I bought a Tapo C200 in April and it worked perfectly.  

From a few days to now it started to behave strangely, some days it just turns off and stays off even when changing the power source. No LEDs on, no movement, nothing.  

And suddenly comes back to life again as if nothing had happened.

There have been no power outages since April, and the outlet is hidden so there are no disconnections.  I don't think it's an internet problem, as the camera turns off as if it was unplugged.

I also believe it is not a problem with the power plug as it is not accessible and there is no way to unplug or break the cable.

I already reseted the camera and the behavior is the same.

Have any of you been through something similar?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 suddenly turning off for days and turning on again
2022-06-28 02:32:37

Hello   @_prends7 

If camera 'some days it just turns off and stays off even when changing the power source.' 

You could try a different power cord for the camera 

Try a different power socket make sure there is to bad contact with the socket

Can I know was there is any thunderstorm or power outage before this issue occurs?

If still the same, the camera could be faulty, it is recommended to reach retailer or our local support to check warranty. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 272

Replies: 1

Tags

Reset