Problem with all my 3-way switches,

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-22 13:47:09
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good morning, I have tried searching, but cant find anything.

Basically, I have a bunch of 3-way switches and a few normal switches.

Short version, the 3-way switches work in KASA and Kind of work in the HOME App.

IN KASA:

Basically, in KASA, if I click on the Kitchen light, it turns On, then click again and it turns OFF  as expected.

if I click on the switch, the light turns ON, then click again and it turns OFF.

IN Google home:

1) With the light OFF, I click on the icon the light turns ON

2) If I click on the icon again, the Light does NOT turn off.

3) If I click on the icon again, the Light does turn off.

Using voice commands.

1) "hey google, turn on the living room lights"   (they turn ON)

2) "hey google, turn OFF the living room lights"   (nothing happens)

3) "hey google, turn on the living room lights"   (the lights turn OFF)

I have learned that I can Toggle the living room lights by just requesting them to turn ON. so I can work with that.

however, from  Google home, its not working as I had hoped.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problem with all my 3-way switches,
2022-07-01 07:09:54 - last edited 2022-07-01 07:11:54

Hello   @zumbach 

It seems that Google was able to control the smart switch, but some commands fails, this could be due to a lag or delay in the Wi-Fi network, here are tips that you could try. 

1. Ensure smart device receives strong Wi-Fi signal from main router  as mentioned in FAQ-Cas1 here 

2. Update Google home app to the latest version 

3. Ensure the kasa app and device firmware are both up to date 

4. May I know were you able to use Google to turn off Kasa switch before?  If yes, you could try to factory reset the kasa switch and reinstall the switch. 

Then relink kasa account in your Google home app 

After factory reset, and relink the kasa account in Google, please see if this could be reproduced. 

5. For test purpose, you could connect kasa device to a Guest Wi-Fi network  (an isolated network to avoid the impact from other network device in the LAN network) 

6 For test purpose, for HS210kit, try to use them as a Kit instend of working with an ordinary switch and see if that makes any difference. 

If still the same, can you help provide some case details here 

• Can you control the device remotely (LTE or different network) from the Kasa App?  
  • Any error message you receive from Google app, please share a photo, or share a photo/ Video of plug status in Google home app at that time (we'd like to the exact time when the control failed) 
  • MAC address of smart device (please share by private message) Thanks!
Options