Tapo camera only viewable from local network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-22 14:13:19 - last edited 2022-06-30 11:43:29
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.16

Hi my camera live feed is only viewable on local wifi network. When I change to mobile network I can receive activity notifications but when I try to see the live stream I only get a gray screen and a small circle turning waiting to connect. 

I have tried the app on my daughter's iPhone and on my wife's xiaomi android and everything is fine with the live feed on mobile network. 

I have a Samsung phone with a Vodafone Sim. 

Hope we can find a solution on this. 

Many thanks in advance! 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo camera only viewable from local network-Solution
2022-06-27 14:41:34 - last edited 2022-06-30 11:43:29

@Solla-topee 

Just got a message from Vodafone that they've completely deactivated securenet. Everything's working fine now! I can see live feed from the camera when on moblie network. That's the reason blocking it.

Keep that solution in mind if another custumer faces the same problem.

All the best!

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Tapo camera only viewable from local network
2022-06-23 01:38:36 - last edited 2022-06-27 08:09:44

@GiannisG2022 

Hello, 

If camera live feedback is viewable on iPhone & Xiaomi Phone on mobile data, the camera itself works fine.  Ensure Tapo APP and device firmware are both up to date. 

It could be related to the phone or SIM card company. 

• Please connect phone to a different Wi-Fi network, or test when phone on mobile data from a different SIM card company. (this is to see if it's related to a certain ISP or SIM card )
  • Confirm Tapo APP and device firmware are both up to date. 
  • Turn VPN or security apps like AdGuard /Lookout app off 

May I know the model of your Samsung phone. If the Samsung phone uses a different SIM card, is the camera accessible? If it relates to certain SIM card, try to reach SIM card company and see if they have any services that blocked the camera. 

Options
2022-06-25 18:44:56 - last edited 2022-06-27 08:09:03

@Solla-topee 

My phone is a Samsung galaxy S20FE. 

It is definitely a sim issue because when I put another carrier sim on this phone the camera is fine, you can view live feed from mobile. 

I will check with Vodafone on Monday 

Many thanks for your help! 

Options
2022-06-27 02:15:54

Hello   @GiannisG2022 

Glad to know another SIM card works for your case, feel free to let us know if the SIM carrier company could swap the SIM card or if they could check if there are any firewall settings that may affecting the camera.  If possible, can you help take a photo of the SIM card, is it on a 4G Mobile data plan. 

Options
2022-06-27 08:08:54 - last edited 2022-06-27 08:15:10

Hello @GiannisG2022 

It is also recommended to update the Tapo APP and device firmware to the latest as well. Feel free to let us know how it goes later. 

Options
2022-06-27 11:03:53

@Solla-topee 

I did talk with Vodafone and they told me that they will deactivate securenet service from their side because this might affect the camera access. Although till now i still haven't got any live feed yet.

I'll have to call them again or stop by one of their shops to see what can be done.

Options
2022-06-27 11:04:27
I've checked and i have the latest firmware
Options
Re:Tapo camera only viewable from local network-Solution
2022-06-27 14:41:34 - last edited 2022-06-30 11:43:29

@Solla-topee 

Just got a message from Vodafone that they've completely deactivated securenet. Everything's working fine now! I can see live feed from the camera when on moblie network. That's the reason blocking it.

Keep that solution in mind if another custumer faces the same problem.

All the best!

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-06-30 11:46:33

Hello   @GiannisG2022 

Glad to know it has been solved by checking Vodafone  Securenet  service! Thank you very much for the update and sharing solution with community.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1925

Replies: 8

Related Articles