Switch clicking and bulb flickering on and off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-27 22:58:30 - last edited 2022-06-30 12:34:59
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

Had a bulb in the outlet the switch controls working with no issue. Occasionally it would get brighter. Found the bulb was too dim as it's an outdoor patio light. Bought new Edison style bulbs that are brighter. And upon installing the bulb, the switch clicks, and the bulb flickers on and off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Switch clicking and bulb flickering on and off-Solution
2022-06-30 11:09:09 - last edited 2022-06-30 12:34:59

@Solla-topee  hi thank you for your reply. When I opened the box back up. I noticed the neutral wire was actually on a live load. My builder didn't use any identifying wiring. Upon finding the neutral and reconfiguring the make shift junction box they set up li was able to get full power to the light. Took a few trips to the box but works great now. Thank you again for your reply 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Switch clicking and bulb flickering on and off
2022-06-30 10:40:57

Hello  @Sjsbuck 

thank you for the feedback, may I know do you use a HS200 light switch only besides that is there any dimmer in the circuit? 

• Double check if the wattage of bulbs is within Maximum Load of the switch, if that is a group of bulb, unscrew some bulbs and see if that makes any difference 
Maximum Load 5 A, 600 W Incandescent
600 W LED

You might test the new bulb with a regular switch and see if there is any abnormal behavior on the bulbs. 

If still the same, can I know the model of bulb or have a link of the bulb, what is the wattage bulbs? 

Options
Re:Switch clicking and bulb flickering on and off-Solution
2022-06-30 11:09:09 - last edited 2022-06-30 12:34:59

@Solla-topee  hi thank you for your reply. When I opened the box back up. I noticed the neutral wire was actually on a live load. My builder didn't use any identifying wiring. Upon finding the neutral and reconfiguring the make shift junction box they set up li was able to get full power to the light. Took a few trips to the box but works great now. Thank you again for your reply 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Switch clicking and bulb flickering on and off
2022-06-30 12:34:50

@Sjsbuck Glad to know you sorted this out and thank you for taking time sharing solution here ! It's good to know learn something new.   

Have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 297

Replies: 3