Wifi and manual switch fail to turn on power

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-30 07:17:27
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

My HS100 connects to Wifi and the power indicator light responds to remote on/off (changes color) indicating that WiFi is working.

However, there is no power delivered to the outlet (confirmed with voltage tester and multiple appliances).

Pressing the manual power button similarly changes the power button color but fails to turn on power to the plug.

I do *not* hear the solenoid/relay clicking -- neither when Wifi switching is used nor when manual switching is used.

I *do* hear a very, very, very faint momentary "squeal" (with my ear up to the plug) when the Wifi switch is powered on (like current energizing something).

A hard wack to the HS100 does *sometimes* power the outlet but the power only lasts for a few seconds.

I suspect a bad relay or perhaps relay driver... but want to confirm that nothing else could be causing the problem.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wifi and manual switch fail to turn on power
2022-06-30 10:01:48 - last edited 2022-06-30 10:02:04

@puterboy 

If the plug can not power on the connected the device when you manually press the button, you could try to follow this instruction to reset the plug to factory settings.

Try a different home appliance that is connected to the plug. 
May I know the Model & Power consumption of the device connected to smart plug (XX Watts)? Is there any power outage/ extreme weather/ firmware upgrade causing this issue?
If still the same, the plug could be faulty.  It is recommended to reach local support or retailer to check device warranty. 

Options
2022-06-30 14:19:55

Solla-topee wrote

@puterboy 

If the plug can not power on the connected the device when you manually press the button, you could try to follow this instruction to reset the plug to factory settings.

Try a different home appliance that is connected to the plug. 
May I know the Model & Power consumption of the device connected to smart plug (XX Watts)? Is there any power outage/ extreme weather/ firmware upgrade causing this issue?
If still the same, the plug could be faulty.  It is recommended to reach local support or retailer to check device warranty. 

@Solla-topee pretty sure that soft/hard resetting won't do anything since the WifI connection and software seem to be working properly but the actual switch itself fails to power on either via WiFi or manually.

But I tried both soft aand hard resets to no avail.

I am just powering small appliances - a fan or even a USB charger.

Pretty clear to me the problem is the relay or the driver...

Options
2022-06-30 15:54:09

@puterboy thank you for the reply and providing more case details,  it sounds to be a defective plug.  You could reach a retailer or our support to get the unit replaced if it is under warranty.  

If it's an old plug, you might consider getting a new one. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 308

Replies: 3