Sugestion for new device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Sugestion for new device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Sugestion for new device
Sugestion for new device
2022-07-04 23:39:28 - last edited 2022-07-04 23:55:34
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Currently at my home I have to M9 1 working as main and one as signal repeater I found myself needing more ehternet ports but the main one only has 2 1 for the cable from the ISP router and the other one is used to my main PC but I have other 2 pcs set up and I really need them to be on cable rather than wifi and using the second M9 with cable still becomes unsttable cause its signal comes from the wifi which sometimes is unstable, theres any other tp link device compatible that has multiple ports ffor me to use it as main so I can connect multiple PCs directly to it with cable?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Sugestion for new device
2022-07-05 08:28:44 - last edited 2022-07-05 08:32:17

@YokaiSparda 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Basically, you will need 4 Ethernet ports(1 for ISP modem, 3 for other wired connections) on the Deco right? 

So far, there are a few models that are capable of 4 Ethernet ports, such as the Deco X73-DSL.

For your case, It is suggested to add an unmanaged switch behind the main Deco M9 plus to extend more Ethernet ports, such as TL-SG105/SG108.

General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Best regards.

Options
2022-07-05 18:22:45
In regard of the TL-SG105 the devices connected with it will be independent in the network? meaning that I will still be able to set up port foward on them? or they will be presented as 1 device in the network since they are connected only to 1 point?
Options
2022-07-06 01:25:35

@YokaiSparda 

Hi, the devices that are connected to the switch are still part of the Deco Mesh and get IP addresses from the main M9 plus; and you are also able to open ports for these clients.

They will be recognized as different devices with their own IP addresses.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 320

Replies: 3

Related Articles