Kasa bulb wifi doesn't exist?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-14 22:10:29
Model: KL125  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So I just received my Kasa smart multicolour bulbs and so far am getting nowhere with setup. The bulb is in, I begin setup from the Android app, selecting the KL100 series option, I'm connected to the 2.4GHz band of my home wifi with no VPN on my device, I turn on the light when prompted and it blinks 3 times - 2x a cool blue-white and the third time the regular warm yellow-white. 

The problem is, there's no way to connect to the bulbs. I've removed the glass covering from the light so it's totally exposed. I've sat on the bed directly underneath the bulb. I've held my phone right up so that it's practically touching the bulb, I've stood out the door about 5-6' away. The WiFi connection that I'm supposed to connect to doesn't exist and hasn't for an hour. I've tried manually resetting the brand new bulb by turning it off and on 3 times, and later 5 times for a "factory reset" of the bulb just in case. Still nothing. Have I just paid an exorbitant amount of money for a trash filler?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Kasa bulb wifi doesn't exist?
2022-07-15 01:02:57

Hello   @Sunbernt 

Thank you for sharing your experience setting up the smart bulb. Please try to perform another factory reset as guide below for the bulb and see if you can see TP-Link Kasa Smart bub X wifi SSID on the mobile devices. 

How to reset TP-Link Kasa smart bulb?

For KL125, flipping  the light switch on and off 5 times is to do a soft reset, 10 times is to a factory reset 

Note: when manually turn off- on Smart Bulb  to reset,  reset it slowly (not too quickly, the time duration is around 1s.)
Off--On once, Off---On twice, and up to 5/10 times, then bulb will blink 3 times

Hope this works for you. 

Options
Re:Kasa bulb wifi doesn't exist?
2022-07-26 12:44:05

@Sunbernt Same problem as I have, do you find a way to connect the bulb?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 281

Replies: 2

Related Articles