TP-Link Tapo L900-5 led strip not working properly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link Tapo L900-5 led strip not working properly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:TP-Link Tapo L900-5 led strip not working properly
2023-03-06 03:33:41 - last edited 2023-03-15 13:07:39

@Zemoguy 

I returned the 4x L900-5 ledstrips for a refund after all of them failed within 6 months from the day they were installed. I had 2 failures in under 6 months. I received a replacement for one of the two, which also failed in under 6 months time. I decided to return the 3 dead ones, plus one I had still sealed in its package for a refund. I received a refund and I have purchased another brand. In my opinion TP-Link should be able to do better with these products...

Options
2023-03-14 22:54:06

Same here. Bought 7 of these and after a couple of months, 3 are already failing with same issue. Two of them have really low usage, no more than 3 hours a week.. :/ 

Options
2023-03-15 02:54:44 - last edited 2023-04-25 09:42:56

@hiugo @Zemoguy 

Hello everyone,

Thank you for reporting the issue with the community. If the LED status look abnormal after a period of time, you can try some tips here 

1. Ensure to use the original power controller for your power strip that comes into the box.

2. Try to swap a different power controller if you own multiple Tapo power strips 

3. Factory reset your tapo smart strip 

To better assist with your case, you can Start a New Thread or reach support.forum@tp-link.com with tile ' [Forum ID 575428] Model + Case description '.

Be sure to provide information below so the forum users/moderator/ support can understand the problem and assist better with your case. 

1. model of your device e.g. Tapo L900 V1 1.0.15

2. a photo that demonstrates the problem you experienced

2. when did you purchase the device and when did the issue occurs. 

Options
2023-03-15 05:54:59

@Solla-topee 

1. It does not work

2. It works but now I will have 1 faulty controller + 1 working LED strip and you do not sell controller separately. Hence,  we will need to get it elsewhere.

3. It does not work

Options
2023-03-15 13:21:40 - last edited 2023-03-15 13:24:24

@Solla-topee I think you wrote this post of yours just to give the impression you wrote something useful. What you wrote cannot be considered as "tips".

1. Of course I used the original power controller, there was no other to use! This is why I purchased a complete set in the first place.

2. Swap a different controller if I own multiple tapo power strips? And what should I do with the failing ones? Use them as decorative power controllers? Why did I pay for them?

I bought a complete set of a tapo ledstrip. I will not "test" things and I will not search for a different controller to make your cheap product work. This is an unacceptable "tip".

3. Factory reset was the first thing I did!

As for the information we need to provide tp-link support with, everything has already been answered here.

Unfortunately nobody appeared to even attempt to solve the similar problems we all face with your products.

To "better assist us", how about making more reliable products?

The only way to "better assist myself", was to get rid of these tapo ledstrips. 

I received a refund and I have purchased another brand.

I did the same with an expensive Archer VR2800 which failed 2 times and it eventually forced me to ask for a refund and get myself another brand.

Your products used to be good, this is not the case anymore.

Options

Tags

led strip
Related Articles