HS220 randomly just turns off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-15 00:31:08

I have HS220 on firmware 1.0.3 it randomly just turns off about every 20mins. I have to get up or tell alexa to turn it back on. I don't have away mode or anything set up. ANyone know a good fix for this problem?

Options
3 Reply
Re:HS220 randomly just turns off
2022-08-15 01:41:30

Hello  @Jetkid757 

• To help isolate the issue, you could factory reset the smart switch to clear the settings.

How to reset TP-Link Kasa smart switch and plug

• If you use any third party software like Alexa, Google, etc, make sure you've removed the settings for kasa switch, or you could uninstall it temporarily for a test. 
  • To check if the problem relates to software or hardware, after the factory reset, please leave in factory default state for half a day (Led flash green and amber) and observe the performance. Will the smart switch turn off in factory default state? 

Then you could reinstall the device in the Kasa APP and see if reset solve the issue. 

Options
2022-08-15 23:01:41

@Solla-topee I tried that and it does work to keep them on. But when I connect it back to my Alexa later in the day it was back to turning off randomly. 

alexa & KASA are running on the latest firmware 

Options
2022-08-16 05:38:31

Hello @Jetkid757 

Make sure you have remove the settings for the plug in Alexa APP, check if there is any Routine settings or Alexa hunches settings

Using Alexa "Routines" feature with your TP-Link Smart devices

Alexa hunches: Alexa APP>  More  and select Settings  > Scroll down and select Hunches> check if there is any automatic action

To help isolate the issue, you could remove the device in the Alexa app and observe if the HS200 will turn off. 

Options