Kasa Light Strips Wifi Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-23 03:23:29
Tags: #Dorm
Model: KL430  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Unsure

Recently just purchased these light strips in hopes I'd be able to set them up in my new dorm room and it's not letting me connect them to wifi because all the networks are considered public (even though university wifi requires individual login). Is there a way to get these working because right now, without connecting them, I have no control over them whatsoever!

-Patrick 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa Light Strips Wifi Issues
2022-08-24 01:25:54

Hello  @pnovoa2003 

Thank you for reaching out .

The kasa device supports a secured 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi network, but they can have trouble connecting to a portal Wi-Fi which requires to log in to a page for authentication before using the internet.  From your description, the Wi-Fi network is a portal Wi-Fi (requires to login web for authentication). You may consider getting an AP or router  in the new dormitory so smart device could connect to that Wifi network. Hope this can provide any help.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 170

Replies: 1

Tags

Dorm
Related Articles